Heritage Owners Club

About a dime's worth of parts made all the difference.

barrymclark

This isn't so much a gripe but meant to be more informative.

I have been having issues with the strap button at the tailpiece coming loose as well as the jack in the rim coming loose.

So... a quick trip to the local hardware store fixed that.

I picked up a couple of lock washers (internal teeth type and not the split ring type) and all is fixed. No point in posting photos... you wouldn't really see anything different.

This is something that most manufacturers don't put on their guitars. Not sure why... but they don't. Easy fix though.

My Straplox come with that type of washer. But the little pointy ends go into the strap, not the guitar. I'd imagine they aren't used for that very reason - little pointy holes in the guitar. Not sure, just a WAG.

My Straplox come with that type of washer. But the little pointy ends go into the strap, not the guitar. I'd imagine they aren't used for that very reason - little pointy holes in the guitar. Not sure, just a WAG.

My came with a normal washer, but having one of these in between the normal washer and the nut might be the ticket.

With the schaller locks they loosen mainly because the strap compresses somewhat during the "break-in" period. The leather however also exerts pressure back, which should negate the need for a lock washer. Felt washers do the same thing for strap buttons and other parts on guitars.

Of course, now I have the lovely task of switching over a guitar from dunlop strap buttons to schaller buttons. that'll be fun. Gonna have to build up the holes a bunch, though I could also just use the same screws, which is what I'll probably do.

Archived