Heritage Owners Club

Time for a new Poll: Which One Looks Better? Survey Says....

pushover

Which pickguard looks better?  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• S Shape Pickguard
    • Std Les Paul Type
    • Lose the pickguard.. Go Topless!

This is more of Cryoman's fine handywork, so a big public thankyou for his kindness and skill  :hello2:

He has however left me in a quandary, as to which one I want to use? Take a look and voice your opinion. They're both winners, but that doesn't mean you don't have your own preference.

I don't have the top holes drilled yet, but that will probably happen during the weekend. I've also got a set of 59's on the way and that should pretty much do it as far as any mods I want to make. After the new pickups, I'll just play it  ;D 

Here are the choices:

s-pg.JPG

s-pg.JPG_thumb

lp-pg.JPG

lp-pg.JPG_thumb

They both look nice and I thought I'd pick the 'standard', but I voted for the s-shaped as I like the way it emulates the curvature of the guitar body.  Very nice work.  Either looks good and will be nice to swap out every now and again.

Without reading the results or fx's post, I went S-type as well.  Which surprised me, because I thought I'd like the G-style better, because it's been the standard for so many years.  But, when you compare them, the "normal" guard looks too angular to be on that guitar.  Weird.  Side by side, I say the S-shape.

I voted for the s-shaped as I like the way it emulates the curvature of the guitar body

Well put!

To me the S shape is just a better design. I know that the standard is the true original and perhaps in many ways "belongs" to the true LP style.

But if this was the only difference between Heritage style and the standard that would be one thing. But the different headstock represents a major break from the conventional and like the headstock, there is also an improved functionality component to the S shaped pickguard. I actually find myself holding onto it more due to the curvature and to me it is more usefull to my playing as a result.

I like the one on top too.  This guitar came out of Kzoo not Memphis.  That's the right pickguard for it.

The "S" LOOKS better on that Black 157. The standard looks better on a 150.

If the "S" is more ergo, I would keep that for the finger rest but use the other for a scratch plate. 

My first preference would be without one at all. But I voted "S-style" as well. Mostly because it's the Heritage design. And quite unique. I actually prefer these over the LP style. Altho', on my LPs I want the LP-style (if at all).

My vote is the "S" style. Gives the Heritage a bit more of well deserved uniqueness. I like the multiple b/w/b/w/b binding edge of the pickguard against the black body with its similar edge binding.

Cheers, Cryoman

PS. Nice photos. Karma +1 for you.

Archived