Heritage Owners Club

Laney Amps

I have an opportunity to get a rather cheap Laney VC30... From what I heard from playing it, its a great sounding amp, clean or dirty. BMT controls, master volume, reverb, effects loop. 4 EL84's in the power section, 12AX7 preamps, Hi and low inputs (low for high gain guitars), footswitchable channels. Sound very similiar to an AC30, but 1/2 the size. This is an older one made in the UK versus the newer models being made in China.

So what's the opinion on these? Gig worthy? Recording worthy? Any known issues? Please let me know before I pull the trigger...

Oh, and would anyone know what footswitch will work on it?

Yes I have a Laney TT50, an excellent amp. Very good cleans and outstanding overdrive, it's a fifty watt all valve three channel amp. I've never used a pedal of any kind with it, od or tubescreamer etc, it just doesn't need any help.

A review on Premier Guitar site by Brad Carlton

http://www.premiergu...Laney_TT50.aspx

And check out this Youtube video of the head version using only the amps overdrive

The one I found was made in the UK. I guess its an older one because Laney's are now made in China... I already have an offer in for the Laney. If they take it, I guess I'll buy it. If I don't like it, I'm not sure if I can return it, but at least I can sell it here.

Yep, I played this one yesterday. I know for sure it was made in the UK. Even the speaker was. The newer Laney VC30's are made in China, but have Celestion V30's. Have you used the V30 or just the TT series?

Haven't played a Laney VC30, I bought the TT locally, they're not as well known as Marshall or Fender and not stocked as much by shops, so even in Ireland they're not seen that often.

Too late, they didn't have an answer by 1pm and lucky for me, The New Brunswick Guitar Center had a Delta Blues priced dropped to $299. Its on the way. For anyone wanting the Laney, the other store called back and the guy took my offer at $325 cash out the door.

Archived