Heritage Owners Club

Site Outage

Administrator

As many of you noticed, the site and forum were unavailable over the weekend.  The servers where the HOC is hosted are located at The Planet, which suffered an explosion and fire which caused quite a headache.

I think that I have resolved all of the remaining issues with the site and forum software, but if you see any weirdness let me know!

Back to your regularly scheduled fun...

A great vacuum waas created. I didn't know waht to do with myself

OK, glad were all back.  But I have an idea.  When/if this ever happens again (an outage), could the admin post something over at the Heritage list on yahoo groups?  It is a very seldom used group, but could provide an alt for us if something happens where the regular HOC site is down for whatever reason?

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Heritage_Guitars/

You will see that I posted something regarding the outage over there, but no one replied..

I think John Covach is the only other registered person on that list from this list. 

If you all agree, then join that yahoo group as a backup...

:angel:

I was having nightsweats and seizures all weekend from lack of the drug known as the HOC.

Glad to be back as an "addict!"

I hear that!!! Reminded me of how much I enjoy this site. For a moment I was worried they finally figured out how to filter my IP address!!! ;D

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Heritage_Guitars/[/url]

You will see that I posted something regarding the outage over there, but no one replied..

I think John Covach is the only other registered person on that list from this list. 

If you all agree, then join that yahoo group as a backup...

:angel:

Hey Chico,

I have been a member of that forum for a while . I got your message and appreciated the heads up. I just was too tied up at work to respond. I can't remember my password for Yahoo anyway. Haven't had to use it in a while. Anyway, its always good to have a backup right?

Yes, it looks like The Planet is still sorting some problems out.  I think what I am going to look in to doing is having a secondary server as backup, using database replication to keep everything up to date.  Then if one goes down, the other will still be available and when the down system comes back online, it will just "catch back up."  There are some technical concerns and financial considerations to work through first. 

My initial thought was to just stick with the system at The Planet, but I suspect that they will be experiencing stability issues for some time to come.  Electricity is a fickle thing, and computer and networking gear can be very finicky.  In the mean time, now that we are back online, I will be getting the regularly scheduled backup off the server. ;)

I'm sure I speak for all in extending sincerest thanks to the Admin for working to get us back on line!  It's already obvious how many of us missed our little addiction.  I certainly did.  Thanks again, Admin!!                :thumbsup:

Archived