Heritage Owners Club

Straighten Your Tie

Straighten your tie...

Cables, cables, cables... I now have four cables to monkey with and a daisy chain of power supplies....

So now, I need to straighten it all up and tie down the cables to keep them secure and neat.

My list of things to do is create a pedal board that holds down the power supply and keeps the cables organized. From there, put together specific cables that are tied together that serve a purpose of connecting to the Send and Return of the effects loop as well as the wah pedal between the guitar and the input of the amp. Not to mention, I'm going to order the footswitch for the amp... Lots of cables, and what a rats nest it is today. My post title should read Straighten up your cables and tie it all down, but its more catchy this way....

More to come on this subject, first I need to place an order with Mr. Steiner for some more cables....

I've only had one pedal board. It just stayed neat. haha. So... I have nothing I can really add. I think the major reason it stayed so neat was that I had a Furman board. Same people that make the power conditioners. It really reduced the crap on the board by simply not having the wall-warts all over the place.

I changed mine again already..The dyna comp is out, and I'm thinking another distortion is coming onboard next to the seasick green TS-9..LOL... fickle musicians..

Straighten your tie...

Cables, cables, cables... I now have four cables to monkey with and a daisy chain of power supplies....

So now, I need to straighten it all up and tie down the cables to keep them secure and neat.

My list of things to do is create a pedal board that holds down the power supply and keeps the cables organized. From there, put together specific cables that are tied together that serve a purpose of connecting to the Send and Return of the effects loop as well as the wah pedal between the guitar and the input of the amp. Not to mention, I'm going to order the footswitch for the amp... Lots of cables, and what a rats nest it is today. My post title should read Straighten up your cables and tie it all down, but its more catchy this way....

More to come on this subject, first I need to place an order with Mr. Steiner for some more cables....

:worthless:

Detroit I'm not sure what your running now but if things go the way I expect in the next couple months I may just send you my Direct Drive and let you try it out it's seriously sweet I think youd like it.

Straighten your tie...

I've heard that those are some good cables! Your audience demands pictures; we better get this right!

Guest HRB853370

Had one, hated it.... it lies flat, no tilt, and takes up more space then necessary. I did like it because I could put my TU-15 on the top and run the pedals below.... Costs way too much for so little, even used.

You are kidding right? The pedals are so close together, I see it as a very space efficient unit. Of course, if you don't need or want 6 boxes, there is always the BCB30. I got mine used for around $60 on ebay. I don't think they are expensive at all, considering they give you the built in power supply, and the deluxe cables with gold plated connectors. The downside is if you don't use Boss pedals you have to cut the foam. BTW, if you quit leaning backwards when you play, you won't need tilt!

I would just get a piece of ply wood, smooth the edges, put down a bunch of velcro with an edge around it to hold the edges down, and go to town.

You could get a pedal switcher like Brent has, which basically is a giant pedal with 6+ effects loops, one for each pedal. This way you can switch pedals in and out at your leasure.

I generally don't run stompboxes through the loop, as they often don't deal with with the line level signal. I have a rack mounted module that I use for all of my modulation effects: reverb, chorus, flange, rotary speaker, delay, etc. It has a 2 button footswitch that can be used to turn off the individual effects.

Archived