Heritage Owners Club

Locking stud and locking tuner upgrade on the Korina H 137

brentrocks

As much work as you've done on your guitars, you should of had an apprenticeship at Heritage by now...

if i didnt need the income i have now to support my houshold, you bet your a** , i'd be down BEGGING Jim, Marv and Vince for a job.....right now, i just do the easy stuff :icon_smile:

All right! The first task was to swap out the ivory buttons...IMG_0814.jpg

Next, i took off the strings and bridge...

IMG_0815.jpg

Then took off the old tuners and installed the new locking tuners...

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

Installed the new locking bridge studs/posts and attached the Pigtail...

IMG_0818.jpg

Restrung, set bridge height, checked intonation, lubed the nut, tuned up and ROCKED IT!!!!!

IMG_0819.jpg

I HAMERED on the bigsby....the tuning stability is A LOT BETTER!!!!!

if i didnt need the income i have now to support my houshold, you bet your a** , i'd be down BEGGING Jim, Marv and Vince for a job.....right now, i just do the easy stuff :icon_smile:

You should do it soon so the art of the 357 isn't lost to the next generation of luthiers!!!! :headbang:

I did a quick search on P90 pickup covers and found these soap bars. Foolishly, I figured that fancy covers should also be available for dog ears as well. That may be incorrect. At least I can't find anything except the usual solid colors and chrome. I see a business opportunity for someone.

Truthfully, dog ears get no respect. They are a pain in ass to adjust- don't waste your time trying to argue on that point. They don't do anything a soap bar can't do. So maybe no one wants to dress them up.

They do look cool and work just fine. So I guess we just leave well enough alone.

Here's some tortoise shell to look at though.

large-single-coil-humbucker-tortoise.jpg

Truthfully, dog ears get no respect. They are a pain in ass to adjust- don't waste your time trying to argue on that point. They don't do anything a soap bar can't do.

large-single-coil-humbucker-tortoise.jpg

At least you can shim a dog ear. How do you raise a soapbar? It has been said that the development of the humbucker included the height adjustment pickup surround system that is a major innovation as well. I agree on that.

At least you can shim a dog ear. How do you raise a soapbar? It has been said that the development of the humbucker included the height adjustment pickup surround system that is a major innovation as well. I agree on that.

Must be a trick question. There are two height adjustment screws on soap bars.

Check out this video at 5:00 mins.

That's the end of the hijack!

Brent -

I'm looking for some locking studs for my H-137 to eliminate the dreaded bridge tilt. What brand did you use? I'm looking for as close to "plug and play" as I can get.

- Rob

Archived