Heritage Owners Club

Jet City JCA24S+ has arrived!

barrymclark

Can't wait to hear the report Barry.

I have about 20 minutes in on it. Had to stop as I am about to head out and get the boy from daycare.

I have some tweaking to do but first impressions are great with some quick knob dials. Nothing goofy about it. Straight forward. Too boomy? Bass knob. Too nasally? Mids knob. Too snappy? Highs knob. Too gritty? Gain knob. Too sparkly? Presence. Too loud? Volume. I mean... it just THAT easy. Easier than the Cube to dial in as there isn't a learning curve.

With a friend's borrowed solid body LP style with humbuckers:

Initially, I dialed up an AC/DC tone like Hell's Bells. Sounded GREAT after about a minute of tweaking.

Then, I wanted to hear how nasty it got. Now, I am an old metal guitarist at heart. My idea of good metal tone is a 5150 on the lead channel with the gain at about 3 to 4 on the dial. Nearly wound out, that is what the JCA sounds like. I guess I just never got into the ultra-grindy modern metal thing. I really like note definition. I find I get better bass thump this way too. I turned it up to about 3 o'clock on the gain and volume. WOOOOOOO. THERE is the tone.

With my Heritage H575:

A couple more minutes and I was getting some nice jazz tones. It was very, very nice. Warm sounding.

I didn't have time to get into Rockabilly at all. That will be the next thing I do.

The wife came home while I was doing the jazz thing. She said, "Oh, so this is it?" I said "Yes!" I plugged the solid body back in and turned it up. You could tell the room was getting overloaded with SPL. haha.

Anyways... off to get the boy.

More later as I get better aquainted.

Dude, that's AWESOME! That set up would be tremendous for playing the kind of indy rock I dig too! Enjoy it!

And you really want, JCA offers different baffling colors too. Red, white, Black, and metal. White or Black look really cool to me.

Yeah. Saw that. I am thinking of goiing black with gold piping... or blonde with more white piping.

They come with a black replacement baffle. Those do look pretty good though.

You were smart to grab that cab... it really looks great with the head. It seems a good choice all the way around.

Yeah. I like that I can go single 12 if I want by setting it to stereo and using the 16 ohm out. Pretty large single 12.... yes.

OH! I took it apart today just to see if it is as well made as hyped. It is. SOLID and TIGHT. Even the convertible panel is very tight with overlapping tabs so air don't escape.

Probably another 3 hours of playing and the speakers should be then doing what they are going to do. I thought I'd play MP3's through it or something but I got carried away playing it today and ended with an hour at a volume where the speakers were moving some.

I was bad and turned it up. I just HAD to.

The bass is tight. It just sounds great.

Archived