Heritage Owners Club

What Did I Do! DeltaBlues is DOA!

DetroitBlues

Ok, loving my Deltablues. So tonight I had my Epi Dot plugged into the wah>od>input. While the amp was on, I unplugged the OD pedal, then unplugged the power supply to the wah and its input/output cables. I finished adjusting the pot on the Wah, plugged the input/ouputs back up and as soon as I connected the power supply, there was a pop. Now there is NOTHING. No sound at all on either channel. Did I blow a preamp tube? What was odd is I didn't connect the OD pedal yet. So there was no guitar input into the amp.... What the heck did I do?????

Problem has been solved. Used a patch cable in the effects loop and the amp worked fine. Plugged the delay after the OD pedal, and nothing. Put the OD pedal back to the input cable, amp is fine. Put the effects loop cables on the flanger, all good. So some how, in the grand scheme of things, my Visual Sound One Spot blew up my Boss DD3 Digital Delay.... Damn wall warts!

Yes, I put my wah and od pedal in front of the preamp. I put modulated effects such as delay and flanger between the preamp and power amp section using the effects loop. This is only necessary if you are using the natural od of the preamp section. Such as amps with gain and master volume settings. For Fender clean type amps, its not necessary since the overdrive is coming from the pedals and not the preamp.

Yes, I put my wah and od pedal in front of the preamp. I put modulated effects such as delay and flanger between the preamp and power amp section using the effects loop. This is only necessary if you are using the natural od of the preamp section. Such as amps with gain and master volume settings. For Fender clean type amps, its not necessary since the overdrive is coming from the pedals and not the preamp.

Thanks Detroit. That's pretty much my set-up minus the wah.

Guest HRB853370

I had no sound out of mine the other day, with all the fx stuff connected. I was like, WTF. Then, I ran the guitar cable directly into the Delta, and I had sound. Ok, WTF again. So then I reconnected the output from my FX board back into the amp and reconnected my guitar cable into the first input of my FX chain and had sound. I still do not know what happened.

Apparently, when I plugged in the wah pedal it was engaged and caused a powerspike down to the DD3 since its a buffered bypass. Wouldn't of happened if I had an isolated power supply. Now I'm in the market for a new delay. Perhaps I'll look into an analog delay now.

Guest HRB853370

Except for my delay. Such a useful and fun effect....

What would you use delay for? I dont have one.....

You have reverb right?

What would you use delay for? I dont have one.....

You have reverb right?

Reverb is no substitute for Delay. Delay. Delay. When I use mine, I usually use my Digital Delay set at a very short delay setting, giving a slapback echo effect. This video is just one of probably thousands on YouTube demonstrating delay use; I think to use Delay PROPERLY, one needs to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time, so that leaves me out....

woah, that's weird, I never figured a signal spike would kill a delay pedal?

was the DD3 battery powered? or plugged into a walwart?

too bad if it's dead, Boss makes good delays....RIP

I was using a Boss power supply with their daisy chain for it. It was plugged in, along with my Digitech Bad Monkey. The sudden voltage from the Wah since it was engaged killed it.

Sorry to hear you were having such trouble with your equipment and your DD3 got burnt out. Maybe you'll find another one? Maybe it's time to get a power supply.

Guest HRB853370

I have reverb and I use it alot, but to give me a tone like Bonamassa, I use a delay.

That doesnt tell me much. When I listen to Bonamassa, what tunes does he use delay on? I dont hear it.

that's odd. there really shouldn't be a way for the wah to output enough signal to fry the delay pedal. at most it will just overdrive it and make it clip like mad. Sounds like something is odd.

Also, effects loops often are wired so that if you plug something into them, the internal link between the pre and power amp sections is disconnected. If the jack is worn or dirty, it can mistakenly think that a wire is plugged in, and ends up disconnecting the preamp from the power amp.

Think The Edge in U2 on "Where The Streets Have No Name," or a lot of David Gilmours stuff. Delay adds a lot to the signal IMHO. YouTube delay and get back to us in a week, haha.

That doesnt tell me much. When I listen to Bonamassa, what tunes does he use delay on? I dont hear it.

Archived