Heritage Owners Club

MY KBP AMP!

knopfler74

So, KBP will be starting in on my amp build this week. I wanted to start a thread to share information on it, revel in the glory of having a new amp, and generally enjoy the process. I guess I'll start with a description of the build.

I asked him for a 15-20 watt amp that wanted to "live" on a edge of breakup. Sort of an indy rock dudes dream. British voiced. Enough clean to not only do OD, but enough gain to get me into crunch and beyond if needed.

Here's what KBP came up with

15 (or so) watt amp with a Master volume and volume. Treble and Bass controls.

The amp will run on EL84 tubes, but special ones....Russian mil spec tubes often referred to as 7189's. Apparently they can withstand much higher plate voltages, which is cool. KBP will also be using beefed up transformers in order to give me a little more headroom...if I remember correctly.

The design is very similar to a matchless lightning.

I'm still looking for names for it, so if anyone has any brilliant ideas, this might be the place to share them....

anyway...(best jersey voice) - talk amongst yourselves....

I'm off to work, in order to uh, 'mold America's youth' or something like that....

Today: more on ancient ROME!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have decided I want a KBP amp. Time to start saving up.

Congratulations on the amp; It sounds very cool, and I can assure you Brian does a great job; I love my Tweed Deluxe!

I think you should convince your school principal to let you show the Starz Network series "Spartacus" in class, so that they can get their History lesson AND Sex Education all in one sitting, haha. If you haven't seen it, "Spartacus" is a GREAT show!

http://www.starz.com/originals/spartacus

Congratulations on the amp; It sounds very cool, and I can assure you Brian does a great job; I love my Tweed Deluxe!

I think you should convince your school principal to let you show the Starz Network series "Spartacus" in class, so that they can get their History lesson AND Sex Education all in one sitting, haha. If you haven't seen it, "Spartacus" is a GREAT show!

http://www.starz.com...inals/spartacus

I love that show! I have not seen this season's epipsodes, but the first season and the prequel mini-series was awesome!

Guest HRB853370

So, KBP will be starting in on my amp build this week. I wanted to start a thread to share information on it, revel in the glory of having a new amp, and generally enjoy the process. I guess I'll start with a description of the build.

I asked him for a 15-20 watt amp that wanted to "live" on a edge of breakup. Sort of an indy rock dudes dream. British voiced. Enough clean to not only do OD, but enough gain to get me into crunch and beyond if needed.

Here's what KBP came up with

15 (or so) watt amp with a Master volume and volume. Treble and Bass controls.

The amp will run on EL84 tubes, but special ones....Russian mil spec tubes often referred to as 7189's. Apparently they can withstand much higher plate voltages, which is cool. KBP will also be using beefed up transformers in order to give me a little more headroom...if I remember correctly.

The design is very similar to a matchless lightning.

I'm still looking for names for it, so if anyone has any brilliant ideas, this might be the place to share them....

anyway...(best jersey voice) - talk amongst yourselves....

I'm off to work, in order to uh, 'mold America's youth' or something like that....

If you MUST name it, I would just go with Knopfler!

I kind of agree with Mavguy, it will tell you it's name after a while if it needs one.

Dogs are that way too. Take mine, for instance: Cassie & Duffy aka Nitwit & Nutless

Archived