Heritage Owners Club

Amp Foot switches - Problem Solved!

je00143

Long story short:

I bought a Fender Jazzmaster Ultralight head and 112 cab. The head came without the three-button switch. Fender, of course, has discontinued

the switch (and the amp/cab) and has none in inventory.

A Google search landed two names, Voodooman and Black Label. It appears that they are one and the same,

with different addresses and states. Like an idiot, I did not check them out before ordering from Voodooman. Three months later, I got my money

back from the bank, but no switch. Much hassle.

Another search gave me www. switchdoctorswitches.com - and problem solved. Got a great switch within five days of placing the order, looks

and feels better than the original.

This probably does not come up too often, but worth knowing if something ever goes South on you.

Gil

I've used Switchdoctors for a replacement pedal for my Silverface DR. Pretty good quality, but they scrimped on the RCA input jack wires. My amp dude put some clear goop on the prematurely worn ends and they work good as new.

Also, Carvin's foot pedals are fairly universal in application in many amps...and superior quality.

I've seen the Switchdoctors highly recommended, but thought I should post the following experience:

When I was looking for a footswitch for my Fender Concert, I did a websearch and found a recommendation on a guitar board for a guy who puts together hard-to-find switches. Contacted him, and got a professionally made switch, very fast service, at a price of approx. half to a third of the switches "advertised" on ebay. Only thing this didn't have was any sort of decals or decorations on the box. I'm reluctant to post a name and email, cause I think this guy is basically a hobbyist who does this for his guitar-board associates, though he responded immediately, and in a friendly way, to my inquiry. If any HOC'er is interested, drop me a pm and I'll send the info.

I've seen the Switchdoctors highly recommended, but thought I should post the following experience:

When I was looking for a footswitch for my Fender Concert, I did a websearch and found a recommendation on a guitar board for a guy who puts together hard-to-find switches. Contacted him, and got a professionally made switch, very fast service, at a price of approx. half to a third of the switches "advertised" on ebay. Only thing this didn't have was any sort of decals or decorations on the box. I'm reluctant to post a name and email, cause I think this guy is basically a hobbyist who does this for his guitar-board associates, though he responded immediately, and in a friendly way, to my inquiry. If any HOC'er is interested, drop me a pm and I'll send the info.

That doesn't stop me from telling the world about KBP amps.... Just a hobby for him, but is it ever so cool!

I've used Switchdoctors for a replacement pedal for my Silverface DR. Pretty good quality, but they scrimped on the RCA input jack wires. My amp dude put some clear goop on the prematurely worn ends and they work good as new.

Also, Carvin's foot pedals are fairly universal in application in many amps...and superior quality.

Please contact me through the switchdoctorswitches.com website and let me know how to make this right for you. I don't recall ever selling a footswitch with RCA inputs (sounds more like a Voodooman footswitch), but I would love the opportunity to make this right for you if the footswitch is indeed a Switch Doctor product.

Please contact me through the switchdoctorswitches.com website and let me know how to make this right for you. I don't recall ever selling a footswitch with RCA inputs (sounds more like a Voodooman footswitch), but I would love the opportunity to make this right for you if the footswitch is indeed a Switch Doctor product.

Thanks for the note! It's been a while since I purchased the footswitch, but it looked exactly like the one pictured. If that is not your product, please accept my apologies.

I will double check tonight at home and send you a PM.

DV016_Jpg_Large_420716.jpg

Thanks for the note! It's been a while since I purchased the footswitch, but it looked exactly like the one pictured. If that is not your product, please accept my apologies.

I will double check tonight at home and send you a PM.

DV016_Jpg_Large_420716.jpg

Hello My Friend,

The picture above is a current production Genuine Fender product with Genuine Fender RCA "Plug Ends"

At the following web address, there is a Vintage footswitch that has the same cable and RCA "Plug Ends" that Fender has been using for many many years....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Blackface-Footswitch-Deluxe-Princeton-Super-Reverb-Amp-Vintage-60s-/180858128490

If the Switch Doctor footswitch has the same RCA "Plug Ends" as the current production picture, and was purchased from Switch Doctor Switches, then they are in fact Fender Factory original RCA's and soldered at the Fender Factory. We have a surplus of the cables with factory soldered plug ends on hand. I hope this helps. Let me know what you find out. Thank you My Friend,

Doc

Wow! Check this out, boys and girls.... Isn't this what they used to call customer service...? Haven't seen much of this, as of late. Thanks for weighing in, Doc.

Hello My Friend,

The picture above is a current production Genuine Fender product with Genuine Fender RCA "Plug Ends"

At the following web address, there is a Vintage footswitch that has the same cable and RCA "Plug Ends" that Fender has been using for many many years....

http://www.ebay.com/...s-/180858128490

If the Switch Doctor footswitch has the same RCA "Plug Ends" as the current production picture, and was purchased from Switch Doctor Switches, then they are in fact Fender Factory original RCA's and soldered at the Fender Factory. We have a surplus of the cables with factory soldered plug ends on hand. I hope this helps. Let me know what you find out. Thank you My Friend,

Doc

After checking last night, it turns out that my aftermarket pedal was NOT purchased from Switch Doctor. So I do owe you an apology.

Turns out that I had checked with S. Doctor during my searches for a replacement foot pedal and the name stuck.

Based on your obvioius commitment to customer satisfaction, next time I will come to you for switches and foot pedals.

Thanks, Doc.

Tim

That doesn't stop me from telling the world about KBP amps.... Just a hobby for him, but is it ever so cool!

+100 :icon_smile:

Guest HRB853370

And you dont even own one! (I do)

After checking last night, it turns out that my aftermarket pedal was NOT purchased from Switch Doctor. So I do owe you an apology.

Turns out that I had checked with S. Doctor during my searches for a replacement foot pedal and the name stuck.

Based on your obvioius commitment to customer satisfaction, next time I will come to you for switches and foot pedals.

Thanks, Doc.

Tim

It has been my pleasure to assist you My Friend. Take Care,

Doc

• 2 weeks later...

Archived