Heritage Owners Club

NAD: Marshall Bluesbreaker 212 extension cabinet

I just received my new 212 extension speaker cabinet from Mojo Music. According to the fine folks at Mojo, it is a faithful recreation of the 1962 Marshall Bluesbreaker 212 extension speaker cabinet (closed back) loaded with Two G12-M Celestion Greenbacks as the original contained. The shell, baffle board, and backpanels are made out of Baltic birch ply with hand made 1/4" finger joints. Weighing in at a mere 60lbs, I will get Brent to help me carry it. I will drive it with my HIWATT DC40. I'm bringing them both to PSP V to see how they sound in a barn. It sounds awesome in my basement.

post-2180-0-31502200-1337201393_thumb.jpg

I played in a band with another guitar player for a few years that had an original Bluesbreaker 212 cabinet. Great piece of equipment. If it is anything like the original you got your self a fine extension cabinet. Congratulations.

I just received my new 212 extension speaker cabinet from Mojo Music. According to the fine folks at Mojo' date=' it is a faithful recreation of the 1962 Marshall Bluesbreaker 212 extension speaker cabinet (closed back) loaded with Two G12-M Celestion Greenbacks as the original contained. The shell, baffle board, and backpanels are made out of Baltic birch ply with hand made 1/4\" finger joints. Weighing in at a mere 60lbs, I will get Brent to help me carry it. I will drive it with my HIWATT DC40. I\'m bringing them both to PSP V to see how they sound in a barn. It sounds awesome in my basement.

[/quote']

Ooooh! Played through one of these at a shop! Very cool!

Mojo does great work, I'm sure that is an incredibly well built cab that will give you years upon years of faithful service.

I'm sure the DC40 is going to sound great through a pair of Greenbacks in that cab

Wasn't the original Marshall Bluesbreaker amp an 18watt combo (not a head-cab amp)???

I never heard of a Marshall Bluesbreaker 2x12 cab.

But I could be wrong.

original bluesbreaker amp = jtm45 chassis in a 2x12 combo

that's what Clapton used on the John Mayall sessions; it became known as a "bluesbreaker" over time because that's what the album was called. marshall just called it a model 1962 I think

the 18 watt marshall was rarer, used EL84 tubes instead....it's mythic status was attained after internet came into existence & word got out...I believe it was a 2x10 combo

original bluesbreaker amp = jtm45 chassis in a 2x12 combo

that's what Clapton used on the John Mayall sessions

the 18 watt marshall was rarer, used EL84 tubes instead....it's mythic status was attained after internet came into existence & word got out...I believe it was a 2x10 combo

Cool thanks for the info!!

That cab sure is a looker!!!

Guest HRB853370

Congratulations. Not bad for a guy who doesn't play guitar much...or should I say, we have not seen your hidden talents on guitar yet.

What guitars have you auditioned it with?

Mojo does great work, I'm sure that is an incredibly well built cab that will give you years upon years of faithful service.

I'm sure the DC40 is going to sound great through a pair of Greenbacks in that cab

So far, I've only tried my Blue H-150 with the rig. I can't believe how good it sounds, better than all of my expectations. I had the amp on the 12 watt setting, vol on 1 or 2, sounded very good. Went up to 3 on the volume and the whole thing opened up. These Greenback speakers are amazing. The dirty channel on 3 vol is the best dirty sound I have ever gotten from an amp. Can't wait to share it with you all at PSP V. What a sound... Ain't life grand?

Guest HRB853370

I have the Eminence GB version in my Tweed Deluxe and you are right, they are fantastic! I cant wait to play through that new rig!

Wasn't the original Marshall Bluesbreaker amp an 18watt combo (not a head-cab amp)???

I never heard of a Marshall Bluesbreaker 2x12 cab.

But I could be wrong.

To my knowledge, the Blusbreaker was available in a 112, 212 combo and a 212 extension cabinet to add to the combo. I can tell that the closed back of the 212 extension cabinet makes all the difference in the world, what a sound. A ton of bottom end and sound pressure even on the treble pup.

Congratulations! A good extension cab can really add to the sound quality of an amp.

wow what an idea...an open back jtm45 2x12 bluesbreaker' date=' on top of a closed back 2x12 bluesbreaker cab

hmmm[/quote']

that\'s what I was thinking! haha.

\"Hmmm. Man, this Marshall\'s kind of on the quiet side. What can I do? ....more speakers. YES. More speakers. Maybe I can finally hear my guitar over that jet engine if I have twice as much.\"

To get the complete essence of the sound and feel of this rig, we're going to have to play "All Right Now" (Free/Bad Company/Queen) & "Can't Get Enough" (Bad Company). I'll sing them and play rhythm if I can get a brother to take the lead solos and bass. I know Slammer knows them and can keep the beat. It'll be fun. This will also help Brent clean out the dust from the barn. That's the kind of Guy I am, always trying to help.

PSP forever, Karaoke never

Plug in a 100W Marshall head to the cabinet and crank it. That'll clean the dust out of the barn.

Somehow, I think my HIWATT DC40 will do the trick, However, we'll just have to wait and find out. I'm sure Brent will let me play his new/old '52 Les Paul through it for the official test. (just kidding Brent, I love volunteering you for things).

checked my Doyle book & he notes the first ext. cab for Bluesbreaker combo was a horizontal 2x12, model "1972", made '66-'67 and now "very rare". rated 50 watts, so probably G12 greenbacks...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived