Heritage Owners Club

Why was 137 picked out for the jr. clone?

skydog

Heritage named the 535 for the 335, 555 for the 355, 575 for the 175, etc. The Gibson 137 is a hollowbody. The Heritage 137 is about as far as you can get from a hollowbody! (my favorite Heritage by the way). Any thoughts?

I wanna get a 137.  TV yellow I think.  What are the going prices for them, new and used?

Anyone?

I wanna get a 137.  TV yellow I think.  What are the going prices for them, new and used?

Anyone?

used you can get one for about 900....i bought my tobaco burst 2 pup for 875....it was a cool guitar, but my neverending GAS told me to move on to something else

new, i think they are about $1400

used you can get one for about 900....i bought my tobaco burst 2 pup for 875....it was a cool guitar, but my neverending GAS told me to move on to something else

new, i think they are about $1400

I got a quote for a two pickup lefty 137 with Lollar P-90s about three days ago, no special addons or extras ...

.... 2 to 3 months to build and priced at just under $2k.

I got a quote for a two pickup lefty 137 with Lollar P-90s about three days ago, no special addons or extras ...

OUCH!!!!

Lefties do get screwed with the "custom order" price- what is it like $200-300 more?

But I bet those are closer to $1800 new. I don't think that Heritage makes any new guitar under $1500-1800 anymore. :(

Just under $2k is right with Lollar P-90s.  And remember... you don't even get a pickguard with it for that price.... Sheesh!!

Still, no regrets for this owner. A really fine guitar and worth all my pennies.

Cheers, Cryoman

PS.  The H-137 is a "clone" of the either the LP "special" or "junior" depending on whether 2 or 1 pickup, respectively.  Remember, H-137 pickguards are FREE for the asking.... :')

Perhaps someone could ask Ren why it was named the "137" at the Re-U. My Korina 137 cost $1700 in February. It was a new 2007 from before the shutdown / just before the $200-$300 increase.

I have a first run, not-many-made-according-to-Ren H-137D (D==double humbucker) in translucent cherry.  It has honest player wear which gives it awesome character, and it can run anywhere from flat out rock to a passable (but not Joe Pass-able..haha) jazz tone on the neck pup.  The only non-stock item is the Seymour-Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge.  As I look at my stable of guitars, I wonder how it is that I wound up with so many mahogany bodied, two bucker models.  Maybe I should offer this one up for sale. :dontknow:

Lefties do get screwed with the "custom order" price- what is it like $200-300 more?

But I bet those are closer to $1800 new. I don't think that Heritage makes any new guitar under $1500-1800 anymore. :(

As a lefty, I've always felt that Heritage prices were a real bargain for lefties. I ordered my 158 from the factory and I don't thin k there was any price premium tacked on for it being lefty. it was around 1650$ about 2-3 yrs ago.

I wonder how it is that I wound up with so many mahogany bodied, two bucker models.

I've got 4--so far! I need them for spares in case one gets broken--yeah, that's it!

Archived