Heritage Owners Club

I did it :)

yavuz

post-5486-13413392253997_thumb.jpg

post-5486-13413392432695_thumb.jpg

I went to the store to check out the Vox AC15HW1. After playing for an hour, I almost bought it but something happened. We have a saying in Turkish - "devil poked me" - for situations like this. I said to the sales person that I wanted to try the Chinese made PCB Vox AC15C1 to compare to the HW.

He said sure and added that HW sounds much superior. I said that I wanted to experience it my self and we setup the two amps with an AB pedal.

To my ears, they sounded very close. Especially when you cut the reverb on the Chinese model. Then, the sales person said that they sounded the same when I played it. I asked how that would be possible and he said that I use the normal channel and don't use any of the bright switches. He also said that my touch makes the guitar sound mellow :)

Then, one thing led to another and I wanted to hear the AC30 as well.

I ended up leaving the store with 1 AC15C1 and 1 AC30C1 :)

post-5486-13413392253997_thumb.jpg

post-5486-13413392432695_thumb.jpg

To my ears, they sounded very close. Especially when you cut the reverb on the Chinese model. Then, the sales person said that they sounded the same when I played it.

Interesting.. but that is the whole thing, if it sounds good it doesn't matter how you get there.

I bet that you opened his eyes (or ears) with the A/B test.

Guest HRB853370

Thats fantastic! And now you have an excuse to go back and buy the Vox AC15HW1 too to complete the aresenal!

Interesting.. but that is the whole thing, if it sounds good it doesn't matter how you get there.

Exactly... Good thing I did the A/B test :)

I bet that you opened his eyes (or ears) with the A/B test.

I am not sure what I did but he agreed that they sounded almost the same :)

Thats fantastic! And now you have an excuse to go back and buy the Vox AC15HW1 too to complete the aresenal!

Who knows but I don't have plans to do that for some time :)

I already have 5 amps at home now. ( 3 Evans amps and 2 Vox amps.. )

Yavuz, you taught that sales person something I have only recently truly learned.... the amp sounds like you. It doesn't matter what you play through... you will always sound like you. I don't need whatever the new gas inducing amp is. I will just end up spending money trying to find something that sounds like someone else... and it won't work. So, amps are just flavors now and I can get that through my iPad apps into the JC. You gotta go with what moves you.

Glad you got double what you wanted! They do sound killer and that is only because you do too!

Glad you got double what you wanted!

I did, didn't I ? :)

They do sound killer and that is only because you do too!

Thanks for your kind compliment.

It is true that one sounds like himself no matter what the tools are.

However, the sales person was right that the hot/cool + bright switches made a difference.

But, I just don't use those.

I did some tests and my vintage R.A.T. and Okko Diablo drives sound great thru any of these Voxes.

I don't need whatever the new gas inducing amp is. I will just end up spending money trying to find something that sounds like someone else... and it won't work. So, amps are just flavors now and I can get that through my iPad apps into the JC. :D

Barry, Barry, Barry......

You can fool some of the people some of the time....

Barry' date=' Barry, Barry......

You can fool some of the people some of the time....[/quote']

I\'m quite serious. It has occured to me that no matter what amp I buy, I dial it in to my tastes and I end up sounding like me. Since I found something that floats my boat ampwise.... why would I continue to buy things that will only do the same thing?

About the only thing I could think of that I\'d want to serve as a back up to the JC120 (not really a back up but an alternative that is a bit different but has some of the same strengths) is a Tech 21 Trademark 60 212. I can use it as a platform amp too for the iPad.

Other than that... the problem I have is guitars. haha. Definitely want some solids and a couple of semi-hollows. :D

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Guest HRB853370

I\'m quite serious. It has occured to me that no matter what amp I buy, I dial it in to my tastes and I end up sounding like me. Since I found something that floats my boat ampwise.... why would I continue to buy things that will only do the same thing?

About the only thing I could think of that I\'d want to serve as a back up to the JC120 (not really a back up but an alternative that is a bit different but has some of the same strengths) is a Tech 21 Trademark 60 212. I can use it as a platform amp too for the iPad.

Other than that... the problem I have is guitars. haha. Definitely want some solids and a couple of semi-hollows. :D

You know you want a GA40RVT in the worst way...... heh heh heh

wow Yavuz that's great, congrats!!

good you got to A/B them, I agree the CC amps are very good..they look great in that shot!!

what speakers are in each? you could change the 1x12 to add some flavour in stereo

--->lol Barry, I bet next week you start a thread about a new amp that's overwhelmed your sensibilities!!

let me give you a head start:

http://www.jazzamp.com/

http://www.philjonespuresound.com/products/?c=7

and not out yet:

http://www.fender.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=72590

apologies to Yavuz for derailing the thread...

wow Yavuz that's great, congrats!!

good you got to A/B them, I agree the CC amps are very good..they look great in that shot!!

Yes indeed...

what speakers are in each?

They are all celestion green backs.

you could change the 1x12 to add some flavour in stereo

How do you mean?

1 Evans and 1 AC15?

I will try all combinations believe me :)

I have 3 Evans and those vox amps.

I have a tendency to focus on mono sound recently though.

Jury is still out but I thing I like the guitar sound as mono.

Now that both of these Vox amps have tremolo,

I might leave my pedal board at home.

I will need a drive pedal and my MXR CC.

apologies to Yavuz for derailing the thread...

No problem here. :)

He sounds serious this time though.

I might have bought/sold a lot of amps.

The ones I can remember are Mesa Boogie Studio 22 X 2 for stereo, Mesa Boogie 20/20 + Mesa Boogie Formula pre, Fender Twin Reverb RI, Fender Pro Reverb 1966 orig., Marshall JTM 45 ( when I played rock ), Fender Blues junior, Peavey Classic 30...

The I stopped!

I studied, played, recorded albums and got my self Evans endorsement deal.

This usually happens at once.

Hope the best for everyone...

wow Yavuz that\'s great' date=' congrats!!

what speakers are in each? you could change the 1x12 to add some flavour in stereo

--->lol Barry, I bet next week you start a thread about a new amp that\'s overwhelmed your sensibilities!!

let me give you a head start:

http://www.jazzamp.com/

http://www.philjonespuresound.com/products/?c=7

and not out yet:

http://www.fender.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=72590

apologies to Yavuz for derailing the thread...[/quote']

haha. Way ahead of you. Already knew about the G. Benson. ;)

My biggest problem right now is I want a couple of iterations of the different classes of guitar (solid body, hollow body (got these) and semi-hollow.). Amps... I am good on. Like I said, really just a Tech 21 Trademark 60 212 if I ever get another amp.

He sounds serious this time though.

I might have bought/sold a lot of amps.

The ones I can remember are Mesa Boogie Studio 22 X 2 for stereo' date=' Mesa Boogie 20/20 + Mesa Boogie Formula pre, Fender Twin Reverb RI, Fender Pro Reverb 1966 orig., Marshall JTM 45 ( when I played rock ), Fender Blues junior, Peavey Classic 30...

The I stopped!

I studied, played, recorded albums and got my self Evans endorsement deal.

This usually happens at once.

Hope the best for everyone...[/quote']That\'s exactly where I am. More time playing and less time shopping. Got some iron\'s on the fire playing wise and potential management in once recordings are made with one of those irons. Dunno if I will seek endorsements.... but that may come.

Congrats on picking up two amps! Which just happen to be my favorite amps. I still have my AC30. Sold the AC15. And even run my Mesa Transfer Atlantic on the AC15 setting. I think Vox and Heritage guitars go well together.

post-5486-13414321775894_thumb.jpg

Tests are going on but I have made a few combinations. Ac15 dry + Evans JE200 with fx as stereo ( I know :) ) and 2 Evans JE200 in the left and right with delay and reverb + AC30 dry in the middle sounds dynamite :)

Wasn't I going to concentrate on mono sound. Too old to carry that stuff but too young and enthusiastic to ignore. :)

Archived