Heritage Owners Club

Roland Cube: calling Barrymclark! :)

H

Haha. That was genius. Sitting here on pain meds (threw my back out) made it priceless.

Thanks for the vid. Never thought to purposely put a Roland/Boss through stress tests but they have a reputation of resilience.

Got this one as a gift from my father in law and I got the Cube 80x (a.k.a. Skateboard) then the Jazz Chorus after that. Sold on Roland as an amp brand. :)

:thumbsup:

I find the Roland/Boss brand generally holds up very well under constant use.

I consider myself lucky that the bulletproof (OK, arrowproof according to the video) brand turns out tones that I dig. :D

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I got the cube for my son. It can run on batteries. I may invade the PSP acoustic jam with it...I will retract my threat if provided with beer..

At higher volumes, the bassier tones start to break up. BUT... it might alright for an acoustic jam.

Guest HRB853370

..the best guitar amps. Yeah, I know. ;)

Only in your dreams Barry, only in your dreams!!!

As a Roland fan are you aware of the new GA-112 & GA-212 models that just came out? IMO they are by far the best guitar amps Roland has ever made and that includes the famous JC-120. See them here;

http://www.rolandcon...ct.php?p=ga-212

I am indeed...and they are on my radar to check out when I they come available. :D

Not cheap though. The GA212 looks to be priced similar to the JC120. 200w. HEAVY. The demos sound very good. Like the JC, they put casters on it. Good thinking on their part there.

Man... though... that orange flashing on the front is just FUGLY... but, hey, Roland was never going to win ANY beauty contests.

Had a Fender Mustang for a week, brought it back to GC and got the Micro Cube: huge difference between something that felt like a cool toy and something that felt like a miniature professional piece of gear

I am indeed...and they are on my radar to check out when I they come available. :D

Not cheap though. The GA212 looks to be priced similar to the JC120. 200w. HEAVY. The demos sound very good. Like the JC, they put casters on it. Good thinking on their part there.

Man... though... that orange flashing on the front is just FUGLY... but, hey, Roland was never going to win ANY beauty contests.

From what I've seen on the web they're already available. I agree on the fugly comment, the problems I have with them though are the fact that they don't come in a head only version & they don't have speaker outs, so there's no using them with other speaker cabs.

From what I've seen on the web they're already available. I agree on the fugly comment, the problems I have with them though are the fact that they don't come in a head only version & they don't have speaker outs, so there's no using them with other speaker cabs.

Quite right. I apologize. I saw that a week ago and forgot.

The speaker outs isn't a problem for me. I really don't need more than the two it has... and I am not one to experiment with gear. If my hands can't make it happen, then just don't get that amp. haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up a used Microcube for a good price. Its great to see the abuse they thru at it while it still seemed to continue working. Needless to say, mine will be slightly better cared for ;) Fun little amp that can even go camping with me if wanted.

Had a Fender Mustang for a week, brought it back to GC and got the Micro Cube: huge difference between something that felt like a cool toy and something that felt like a miniature professional piece of gear

Rolands are solid.

i go to a school with thousands of students, hudreds of electric guitarists. Roland is the hands down winner for portable practice amps, and the school sells Fenders. most folks that play out have something else for gigging....usually Fender BJr or Deluxe Reverb...

There's a guitar builder that lives near me, Jazz guy, sells only Roland, for gigging professionals.

koula....the slightly larger Cubes have larger speakers of course, are still small and good as grab and go's and are incredibly versatile and durable.

The 40XL is just a sick little amp. look on CL for a 30x as well, no looper, but great amps. I've played in band settings with a 30 and it did well. Sold it when I got the Bugera, and regret it. Now I've got a couple small tube amps, and don't really NEED anything except that the tube amps could fail, while I don't think the Roland ever will.

Everytime I see the 40 i think about grabbing one.

do they make one with a bigger speaker?

Not the Micro. They have a couple of different models. The 15XL and 20XL models have 8" speakers. The 40XL has a 10" and the 80XL gas a 12".

Really dig my Micro and 80X (older version of the XL).

Micro for at-home quiet or bedroom levels.

JC120 when I want to melt faces 10 rows back.

Cube 80x everything in between those two.

Guest HRB853370

Not the Micro. They have a couple of different models. The 15XL and 20XL models have 8" speakers. The 40XL has a 10" and the 80XL gas a 12".

Really dig my Micro and 80X (older version of the XL).

Micro for at-home quiet or bedroom levels.

JC120 when I want to melt faces 10 rows back.

Cube 80x everything in between those two.

Why not a GA42RVT? Will blow everything away you mentioned above. Check the FS non heritage section, I just posted a link for one.

Archived