Heritage Owners Club

KBP for me! What shall we name it?

tsp17

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early breakup depends on the user understanding how the inputs work.... :icon_sunny:

Compared to a Twin, the Super breaks up early on either input. Twin Reverbs are the cleanest tube amps Ive ever played, although I"m sure there are others.

Then it would be associated with a Fender Modeling amp.... I mean it could be worse' date=' could call it the KBP Cube or KBP Roland, but I wouldn\'t want to insult Brian... Just teasing Barry....[/quote']

Definitely need a KBP Cube.

i am liking "Blue Note", since that is what i am after, that 60's Blue Note sound (Kenny Burrell, Grant Green, etc.), with the ability to get a little more modern (Peter Bernstein, Mike Moreno and others). Still debating 6550's vs 6L6's.

Keep the name ideas coming!

I'm going to have to start trademarking these names or something! First the Cavern Club and now the Blue Note. :icon_joker:

Settled on 2x6550 tubes. No breakup there. 60-70 watts.

This is way fun.

Yes, it absofriggiinluuuuutely is! While the amp is being voiced, stop at darkening the preamp at the point where it is a bit bright sounding overall for where your ears say the tone knobs indicate it should be. Why? because after amp breaken period, sometimes over 100 hours, the overall tone will darken to that sweet spot on its own and richen in harmonic content. The new tubes will have lost some of their "new" brittle shrillness too.

Holy crap! haha. That is some power!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

you bet. headroom galore.

Anybody using the Jensen Neo Jet Tornado speaker? considering that for the cab.

Some good names coming up! thanks for the ideas HOC. So far Blue Note is the one. The great Blue Note recordings of the 50s and early 60s were mostly on the house Tweed Deluxe. The one we are building will be more like a Blackface, but will still have the vibe.

Some good names coming up! thanks for the ideas HOC. So far Blue Note is the one. The great Blue Note recordings of the 50s and early 60s were mostly on the house Tweed Deluxe. The one we are building will be more like a Blackface' date=' but will still have the vibe.[/quote']

Blueface! Haha

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Being a KBP amp owner, I must say, I love these naming threads. If KBP ever makes amps for the general public, these threads will become something of folklore.

Example - Poster to KBP amp tribute site, year 2022

"This new KBP amp is killer, very remenicient of the early KBP's that were named by their respective owners. Those are collectors pieces now. Man, I'd love to get my hands on one of those!"

My reply on same forum a day later: " Man, I'd love to get my hands on one of those!"

"Well, kid you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first." - My evil side :nono:

On a serious note, how about calling it The 'KBP Vanguard' after the club on the street back in the day. Or the 'KBP Van Gelder' after the late Rudy Van Gelder whose engineering skills NEARLY, but not fully, defined the sound of the 50's and 60's jazz recording. Rudy was VERY closely associated with Blue Note and many other great jazz record labels of the era.

Being a KBP amp owner, I must say, I love these naming threads. If KBP ever makes amps for the general public, these threads will become something of folklore.

"This new KBP amp is killer, very remenicient of the early KBP's that were named by their respective owners. Those are collectors pieces now. Man, I'd love to get my hands on one of those!"

My reply on same forum a day later: " Man, I'd love to get my hands on one of those!"

"Well, kid you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first." - My evil side :nono:

On a serious note, how about calling it The 'KBP Vanguard' after the club on the street back in the day. Or the 'KBP Van Gelder' after the late Rudy Van Gelder whose engineering skills NEARLY, but not fully, defined the sound of the 50's and 60's jazz recording. Rudy was VERY closely associated with Blue Note and many other great jazz record labels of the era.

They are very neat indeed. :)

Great post! Both of those names crossed my mind already and are on the board at home. The Village Vanguard recordings and history are amazing. I go there almost every time I am in NY. It is part of history. One of the last vestiges of the era I love. Saw Kenny Barron there last time I was in NY.

Were I to get a KBP Jazz Amp like you describe - and it sounds like a great idea and future purchase, since I've been eyeing a blackface Fender Twin and this sounds like a replacement for that idea - I'd call it something like the "Snug Harbor" after the famous jazz club in New Orleans.

Cheers on the deposit :)

Archived