Heritage Owners Club

KBP for me! What shall we name it?

tsp17

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NEO series is a pricey line, isn't it?

Neodymium is an expensive piece of magnet... but on the other side, you don't need nearly as big of a magnet to produce the same power as Ceramic or Alnico. They are generally a little more expensive than Ceramic, but typically about the same price or less than their Alnico counterparts.

Their allure is that since they don't need as big of a magnet, they can weigh a fair amount less and still handle high powered applications.

Neodymium is an expensive piece of magnet... but on the other side, you don't need nearly as big of a magnet to produce the same power as Ceramic or Alnico. They are generally a little more expensive than Ceramic, but typically about the same price or less than their Alnico counterparts.

Their allure is that since they don't need as big of a magnet, they can weigh a fair amount less and still handle high powered applications.

Ah, so they are the king of clean when it comes to speakers?

Bluenote!

Speaker: Jensen Jet Blackbird 12. Pricey, but found a great deal so as not to blow the budget too badly.

the rest will remain top secret until unveiling.

• 1 month later...

I hope you're not going to cover that beautiful set of transformers with a cab. Keep her open, like an old Macintosh amp.

I hope you're not going to cover that beautiful set of transformers with a cab. Keep her open, like an old Macintosh amp.

that would definitely be very cool.

Wait 'till you see the finished product. It will definitely represent and hold its own in the amp showcase thread.

Brian broke his foot and threw out his back over the weekend so i hope he is taking it easy (ya hear me, Brian!). But maybe the new best friend for my 575MH and Comins GCS be on its way next week. I bought it for them, not for me, of course. they were lonely for the warmth and companionship only an overpowered, high headroom, jazz voiced, tube amp can deliver.

Bluenote!

Speaker: Jensen Jet Blackbird 12. Pricey, but found a great deal so as not to blow the budget too badly.

the rest will remain top secret until unveiling.

Man I'm two for two on naming these amps. I need to start charging for my services! :icon_joker:

I'll see if I can't provide some of them "flip'd over" shots over to tsp later today!

She sure does look pretty on top though

The foot I can actually deal with, it's the back that has me stymied :sad_mini2:

If that stunning example of a 157 of yours ever get too daunting for your "condition"... I'm just sayin'. :icon_thumright:

Sorry to pirate the thread :icon_pirat: . Yes, Please flip her over.

I'll see if I can't provide some of them "flip'd over" shots over to tsp later today!

She sure does look pretty on top though

The foot I can actually deal with, it's the back that has me stymied :sad_mini2:

Hey... that's too bad about your foot and back, good luck on a speedy recovery.

I see that Steiner is doing his best to help you out.. (If that stunning example of a 157 of yours ever get too daunting for your "condition"... I'm just sayin'. )

That is a great looking amp from the last pic... It'll be interesting to see the finished results... !

+1 on the 6550's. Beautiful tube for what you are going to do. Big bottom, crisp top. Best choice from clean headroom standpoint too. Worth the extra weight..

Very glad to go back and see this comment. I was starting to think that maybe i had gone overboard. Burn in and cab finish this week.

You'll be gladder after you pick it up and put it down knowing whether or not your back goes out, fire it up, play, and know whether to hold my feet to the fire or not...Time for you to start looking for some old glass for the preamp. IMHO you want something American made from the early 60's. More fundamentals in the sound than a lot of the Euro stuff, that will go well with a clean tone, and when pushed will still sound fairly clean, good for jazz.

My room mate gave me a Milwaukee 4 wheel dolly for my birthday. Set it flat like a cart, losd it up, pick up the handle and away you go. More security for you and equipment, less trips to the transport vehicle loading in and loading out..

You'll be gladder after you pick it up and put it down knowing whether or not your back goes out, fire it up, play, and know whether to hold my feet to the fire or not...Time for you to start looking for some old glass for the preamp. IMHO you want something American made from the early 60's. More fundamentals in the sound than a lot of the Euro stuff, that will go well with a clean tone, and when pushed will still sound fairly clean, good for jazz.

My room mate gave me a Milwaukee 4 wheel dolly for my birthday. Set it flat like a cart, losd it up, pick up the handle and away you go. More security for you and equipment, less trips to the transport vehicle loading in and loading out..

As long as there isn't stairs involved, sounds like a great idea!

Archived