Heritage Owners Club

KBP for me! What shall we name it?

tsp17

I just sent Brian a deposit and we are beginning the collaboration on a 35-40 watt jazz head. Single channel, super clean, touch sensitive and warm, portable. Think Princeton Reverb head on steroids or a Super Reverb head.

It is gonna be cool.

Maybe a matching 1x12 cab is in my future too....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

Super Reverb? Wouldn't that connotate a head that breaks up quickly? Maybe you meant Twin Reverb. Good luck.

Super Reverb? Wouldn't that connotate a head that breaks up quickly? Maybe you meant Twin Reverb. Good luck.

well, you are kind of right about that. the idea is a Twin Reverb in a smaller package. I was referring to a Super as a 40 watt Twin style sound. I was not aware that they break up early. Surprised to hear that with 6L6's, but life is full of surprises.

well, you are kind of right about that. the idea is a Twin Reverb in a smaller package. I was referring to a Super as a 40 watt Twin style sound. I was not aware that they break up early. Surprised to hear that with 6L6's, but life is full of surprises.

Early breakup depends on the user understanding how the inputs work.... :icon_sunny:

The Bourbon Street

The Blue Note

The Take Five

i am liking "Blue Note", since that is what i am after, that 60's Blue Note sound (Kenny Burrell, Grant Green, etc.), with the ability to get a little more modern (Peter Bernstein, Mike Moreno and others). Still debating 6550's vs 6L6's.

Keep the name ideas coming!

i am liking "Blue Note", since that is what i am after, that 60's Blue Note sound (Kenny Burrell, Grant Green, etc.), with the ability to get a little more modern (Peter Bernstein, Mike Moreno and others). Still debating 6550's vs 6L6's.

Bluefire

of course I kept trying to convince him to name his amps after classic Detroit cars or cities....

KBP Kalamazoo

KBP Detroit

KBP Cadillac

KBP Pontiac

KBP Port Huron

KBP Battle Creek

KBP Nova

KBP Challenger

KBP Charger

KBP Vette

Guest HRB853370

Early breakup depends on the user understanding how the inputs work.... :icon_sunny:

Which I, obviously don't!!

I kind of like that as well. Has a certain panache.

Archived