Heritage Owners Club

Best Customer Service for Amps: KBP810 (big Kudos)

If you have been on the fence about buying one of Brian's amps, don't hesitate. Do like I did and buy two. I had a Reverb Deluxe build kinda like a Vibrolux (with 2 10"") in laquered tweed. I had it out at the Barn during PSP. While I was at the bridge, I was encouraging folks to play it and it had a problem. Brian jumped right on it and tried many tricks to bring it back to life.

I pulled out my trusty KBP810 Tweed Deluxe proceeded to accompany JackBaruth, Chico, and a few other folks who I am still getting to know heading into the evening. The Tweed Deluxe was singing while Brian continued to work on the amp. Had a strange problem.

After the HOC, I returned the amp to Brian and he did additional troubleshooting at his home. He loaned me his latest creation, the Red Rock (a Princeton Reverb Clone) .while he kept my amp for a few days. He got it to break down, replaced a faulty tube, and burned it in while continuing to let me borrow the Red Rock which I still have (soon I hope to have 3 KBP810 amps)....

I can't remember the last time:

1. I didn't pay for bench time

2. I was provided a loaner amp while additional hours/time was spent trying to figure it all out

3. Working with Brian to understand the amp while it was apart and what symptoms/problems to look for when the chassis is out.

4. Getting free consulting on turning this Reverb Deluxe into a Super Reverb Deluxe (stay tuned to this channel)

5. Talking about other custom builds

Lastly, you can buy Brian's interpretations of these great classic amps, point to point wired for about the same and sometimes less than the printed circuit board stuff coming out of all the manufacturers these days.

Many HOC'ers are rooting for Brian to succeed. I can't think of a better amp to play my Heritage guitars through.

The personal attention Brian has given me while I have owned these amps is remarkable in this day and age.

You owe it for yourself to become another satisfied HOC customer of a KBP810 custom build..

Guest HRB853370

Brian is a good man, and he has some sexy legs to boot!

I won't comment on his legs, but he does take care of his customers. He already is successful Rhoades-I don't think he wants to be the next major amp builder.

Brian's work has continued to evolve to where he is seriously undercharging for what he provides, and has for a long time. You guys know how lucky you are that own his amps? The real deal...

Boutique amps for boutique guitars,

Boutique guitars for boutique amps!

Brian is an all around good guy to begin with. So is Mrs. KBP too. I've personally enjoyed every amp he's made to date. (a few slipped by without my seal of approval though). But you'll never ask more from a guy that does everything he can to make his friends happy. Brian doesn't have customers, he has friends. We call them HOC. Good post Robert!

On a side note, I'm glad his wife is ok after her nasty car accident early this morning.

Yikes, sorry to hear about the accident! I am the proud owner of a KBP810 Tweed Deluxe, and also consider myself a proud friend of KBP810! Brian went above and beyond on my amp when, through no fault of his own, UPS mistreated the amp during delivery. One of the channels had stopped working, and he fixed it for me for no charge, even though it was UPS' fault (the chassis had noticably shifted during shipping. Great guy, great amps. NOW, tell me more about this Red Rock.... Or Marshall 18 Watt clone... or....

Yikes, sorry to hear about the accident! I am the proud owner of a KBP810 Tweed Deluxe, and also consider myself a proud friend of KBP810! Brian went above and beyond on my amp when, through no fault of his own, UPS mistreated the amp during delivery. One of the channels had stopped working, and he fixed it for me for no charge, even though it was UPS' fault (the chassis had noticably shifted during shipping. Great guy, great amps. NOW, tell me more about this Red Rock.... Or Marshall 18 Watt clone... or....

The Red Rock is a Princeton Reverb. Everyone saw it at PSP, it was the dark Red and Tan striped amp I brought. In a nut shell, its a Reverb Deluxe without the "clean" channel. Still a 1x12 with Reverb and Tremolo. The Tremolo circuit is slightly different, but still sounds great. This amp stays loud and clean. I used it at band practice a couple weeks ago, I had the amp set to volume 2 almost 3 and it was plenty loud to cut through the mix. Normally, my blues jr. is set to about 5 on the master and 4 on the gain/volume.... Just to give you an idea of that amps volume..

gallery_139_351_81027.jpg

If you have been on the fence about buying one of Brian's amps, don't hesitate. Do like I did and buy two. I had a Reverb Deluxe build kinda like a Vibrolux (with 2 10"") in laquered tweed. I had it out at the Barn during PSP. While I was at the bridge, I was encouraging folks to play it and it had a problem. Brian jumped right on it and tried many tricks to bring it back to life.

I pulled out my trusty KBP810 Tweed Deluxe proceeded to accompany JackBaruth, Chico, and a few other folks who I am still getting to know heading into the evening. The Tweed Deluxe was singing while Brian continued to work on the amp. Had a strange problem.

After the HOC, I returned the amp to Brian and he did additional troubleshooting at his home. He loaned me his latest creation, the Red Rock (a Princeton Reverb Clone) .while he kept my amp for a few days. He got it to break down, replaced a faulty tube, and burned it in while continuing to let me borrow the Red Rock which I still have (soon I hope to have 3 KBP810 amps)....

I can't remember the last time:

1. I didn't pay for bench time

2. I was provided a loaner amp while additional hours/time was spent trying to figure it all out

3. Working with Brian to understand the amp while it was apart and what symptoms/problems to look for when the chassis is out.

4. Getting free consulting on turning this Reverb Deluxe into a Super Reverb Deluxe (stay tuned to this channel)

5. Talking about other custom builds

Lastly, you can buy Brian's interpretations of these great classic amps, point to point wired for about the same and sometimes less than the printed circuit board stuff coming out of all the manufacturers these days.

Many HOC'ers are rooting for Brian to succeed. I can't think of a better amp to play my Heritage guitars through.

The personal attention Brian has given me while I have owned these amps is remarkable in this day and age.

You owe it for yourself to become another satisfied HOC customer of a KBP810 custom build..

I fully intend to become a KBP810 customer someday, once finances permit.

Brian is an all around good guy to begin with. So is Mrs. KBP too. I've personally enjoyed every amp he's made to date. (a few slipped by without my seal of approval though). But you'll never ask more from a guy that does everything he can to make his friends happy. Brian doesn't have customers, he has friends. We call them HOC. Good post Robert!

On a side note, I'm glad his wife is ok after her nasty car accident early this morning.

Holy shit - sorry to hear about his girlfriend's accident (I'm not sure they're married, Detroit) this morning!

Holy shit - sorry to hear about his girlfriend's accident (I'm not sure they're married, Detroit) this morning!

They're married...I'd hate to thing what she'd do to him if there was a girlfriend involved...at least not one that doesn't have six strings attached...

Glad to hear she's okay!

All I can really do is add to what everyone else has said, I love my KBP, I really have my amp needs pretty well covered but if I get the chance to buy another amp I'm going to try and get Brian to do it, maybe something like a Princeton or Concert head.

Also, I haven't had in problems with mine except the jewel bulb went out and that was my fault, it had gotten shaken loose being taken to a gig and I stuck it back in with the power on and popped the bulb. Ten bulbs is like 4 bucks at Tube Depot. I also got some consulting from Brian about different preamp tubes to try, and his advice was about as dead on as could be even though I really didn't know how to describe what I was looking for.

All of this would be kind of expected if he charged what other builders charge, but I think in the end he probably makes very little profit, and for what he charged me for mine I'm guessing he was working for something like 2 dollars an hour, which is amazing. The attention to detail and quality of work as at least on par with any of the high end builders, and well above any mass produced gear you can buy. I get the feeling he does what he does because he likes to do it, but also that sometimes he gets more business than he wants, so maybe he is as succesful as he wants to be. Just a guess though.

I have a Reverb Deluxe, built to my specs at a reasonable price for sure. Great amp. Brian is a great guy besides his technical abilities. We are lucky to have him. And thank goodness Mrs KBP is ok.

Archived