Heritage Owners Club

Help needed on G.G.Little One

Kap

I am now in a dilemma, and I'm looking for advice.

I have a GG 'Little One', purchased from someone who was not very honourable (not a HOC member), long story and not needed here.

Back to my issue. The GG is a lefty, and in great condition with Schaller PUPs. I bought it thinking that it would look great altered to righthand and replace the PUPS. However after going through all the motions, I now find it is looking up at me saying "please don't do it to me".

I love the look of it inverted ( the longer horn below rather than on top) but the switches would need major surgery and that is getting to me.

Please advise, should I go ahead, thinking it would look really great, or should I put it out for adoption?

Why did I get into this situation? ......seemed like a good idea at the time.......don't ask what I was doing.

I wouldn't doubt, that you might be able to dump that guitar to a lefty here. For God's sake buy yourself a 357! I'm begging you.

img_2896_std.jpg

Kap, coming from a long tradition of making well-intentioned mistakes, I'd suggest...leave it alone. It'll likely not wind up what you envision, and will wind up as something you're stuck with. The guitar has already "spoken" to you. Listen.

Typically when someone does a conversion, only the nut and bridge are altered, electronics stay where they are. Think Hendrix. It's not ideal, but only accoustics are easy to convert as the electronics aren't there to get in the way. Bird is right, sell it and get a right handed 357! That's the Bees Knees!

It'll likely not wind up what you envision, and will wind up as something you're stuck with. The guitar has already "spoken" to you. Listen.

Wise words indeed. I can't imagine a left player would want one with right handed controls, and a right handed player would most likely give it a wide berth.

Thanks to all for the wise and affirming words. Yes changing the nut and bridge is one thing but the input jack would need changing as well, it ends up being a bit obstructive. I think I might put it up for sale as it is a shame to be left unplayed.

Archived