Heritage Owners Club

PRS amps

bolero

fact: those PRS amps are direct circuit copies of a plexi marshall, complete with component values to approximate Jimi & Duane's sound

This is only true of one amp really, not the whole line up. They even put that fact in the name of the amp, the HXDA (Hendrix/Allman). PRS actually has the exact amp Duane Allman used at the Fillmore, and they used it to A/B against. None of the amps are direct circuit copies, they are all designed by Doug. I believe he started with Marshalls but also Fenders cuz some are EL84 driven, some have 6L6 or 6V6's. I don't think there is a boutique maker out there who started from scratch. Dumble, Soldano, Mesa, all came from somebody elses plaftorm.

1. Did nobody else get the real poncho/Sears' poncho reference? Tell me someone can name that line. 2.They're up there but I wouldn't call them outrageously priced. There's a PRS I love in my band but the amps do turn me off a bit. Kinda like if Marshall started a guitar line....it just...seems weird, but if they rock, they rock. I wouldn't need you to give me a gift receipt for one I'm sure.

That last sentence is SO untrue!

It's pretty well known the JTM-45 is basically a tweed bassman clone with brittish tubes and 2x12" speakers rather than 4x10". But then Fender got his early designs out of the RCA handbook so...

Guest HRB853370

I don't plan to buy any more $3,000 amps in the near future but if I did I'd have a hard time not buying a Two Rock.

Any more????

I caught it first time... been a long time since I listened to my FZ though.

Hmmm,,, no foolin'!

Not yet 40 but that among many many others was a staple of my childhood. Thanks for always having good vinyl spinning Mom and Dad! I use that line on my kids whenever they're trying to get me to buy them a cheap POS something. As a side note, everybody should take a second to go look at amps that are worth the $3,000 price tag. Metropolous amplification. Great guy. I stole his old drummer. Hand made in Michigan to impeccable standards. I can't get him to endorse me yet but I'm currently blackmailing one of his employees for a half stack so we'll see....

The bastard!!!!

Did you type or spit this post?

So if Paul gave you a guitar you would basicaly become his bitch?

If Davy didnt like them or feel they were suitable for his sound he couldve sent them back or just not used them. Seems to me hes a bit of a poster boy for PRS so he's obviously happy with the deal they struck.

Davy was star struck and honored. PRS makes great guitars, just wish Fender would of got to him first. He made his way to the big stage by Fender Strats, not PRS....

If someone was handing me gear that I could actually play, sure I'd take it. but I'm not in a postition to worry about that happening...

Davy was star struck and honored. PRS makes great guitars, just wish Fender would of got to him first. He made his way to the big stage by Fender Strats, not PRS....

If someone was handing me gear that I could actually play, sure I'd take it. but I'm not in a postition to worry about that happening...

With all due respect.... Davey made it to the big stage? I would say he is still working his way to getting there. He has a lot of promise but PRS could only help his public relations. Fender is not going to give him an endorsement and MANY people play Strats. Hell, the only reason I know of Davy I because I saw him playing PRS guitars at Paul's events (not live, on YouTube). He never would have shared the stage with David Grissom if he ONLY played a Strat.... Yes, PRS has helped his PR.

With all due respect.... Davey made it to the big stage? I would say he is still working his way to getting there. He has a lot of promise but PRS could only help his public relations. Fender is not going to give him an endorsement and MANY people play Strats. Hell, the only reason I know of Davy I because I saw him playing PRS guitars at Paul's events (not live, on YouTube). He never would have shared the stage with David Grissom if he ONLY played a Strat.... Yes, PRS has helped his PR.

+1 I learned of him through PRS as well, but he is a tremendous player, he'll make a name for himself with time.

As for PRS helping careers, I remember 5 or more years ago, it wasn't "cool" to play a PRS. Now almost every Country and Metal band has one or more. They are seen as legitimate instruments now instead of Lawyer's toys. Which brings me to my Heritage question.

Do you think that Heritage is seen as "Gibson wannabe" or more as a custom shop type builder? Is it the same for the hollowbody lineup and the solid body? And, could Heritage handle the increased work load if they did get more recognition? Do they plan on staying small or would they increase production? Does anybody know the long range plan from Heritage?

Do you think that Heritage is seen as "Gibson wannabe" or more as a custom shop type builder? Is it the same for the hollowbody lineup and the solid body? And, could Heritage handle the increased work load if they did get more recognition? Do they plan on staying small or would they increase production? Does anybody know the long range plan from Heritage?

I've heard numbers in the 1000-1200 units/year as the typical Heritage output. I think with the people they have, and running 1 shift 5 days, they could probably up that to 1500 or maybe even 2000 a year, but I don't see it getting much bigger than that within the confines of the building they have, and the staff.

I was looking at numbers from Gibson's output. In 1959, they produced something like 7700 solid body guitars with over half being LP Jrs. 2300 hollow and semihollow guitars, 4000 flattops, and a few hundred archtop acoustics. That's about 15,000 guitars. There were a lot more people involved back then, and they had several buildings, probably working 3 shifts.

I don't think Heritage is looking to get to that level of manufacturing without a major change in manufacturing style.

DAvid grissom has been working on a PRS amp with Doug Sewell for about 2 years. Not sure when it will come out, but I would bet my life that it will sound awesome. Grissom is a tone perfectionist.

+ 100000000000000000000000

Guest HRB853370

+1 I learned of him through PRS as well, but he is a tremendous player, he'll make a name for himself with time.

As for PRS helping careers, I remember 5 or more years ago, it wasn't "cool" to play a PRS. Now almost every Country and Metal band has one or more. They are seen as legitimate instruments now instead of Lawyer's toys. Which brings me to my Heritage question.

Its more like Gibson is a Heritage wannabee anymore! They only DREAM about making handbuilt guitars anymore, which was a ghost of their past.

DAvid grissom has been working on a PRS amp with Doug Sewell for about 2 years. Not sure when it will come out, but I would bet my life that it will sound awesome. Grissom is a tone perfectionist.

So is Eric Johnson.

Archived