Heritage Owners Club

$399 Marshall combos from Sweetwater

PunkKitty

It sounds like a great deal! But I'm with TS on this one.

Also' date=' if possible or convenient, I avoid buying Chinese made products. In this case, especially, since Marshalls were originally made in England, like Celestion speakers, only Marshall I'll own is one I build or my USA hand made, Sprague Vitamin Q tonecapped, Allen bradley resistor stuffed, Mercury Magnetics iron JTM 45 Midnight Blues Breaker head by Chris Siegmund. I will NEVER, EVER buy a Chinese made speaker, or an Italian made so called "Jensen."

Taking a moment to reflect, I do own two Ceriatone Dumble clone amps, a company based in Malaysia. A third is hand assembled here in the US by Marsh Amplification using Ceriatone boards. Ceriatone imports most of their parts from the US, though, for the quality found in them. The difference in quality of build in a Ceriatone assembled Marshall versus Chinese is easy to see and for some, to hear.

The health of our nation depends on a healthy economy. I buy American made or branded "native country" origin products whenever I can. This holiday season I will be buying products for gifting only from native country origin.

I just took on a fourth and fifth American made vintage amp restoration project in the last three months, fourth is a '56 Lectrolab R200, most recently a 70's vintage blackline Fender Super Reverb 4/10. It will be necessary to have four 10 inch speakers replaced or reconed. When I do they will be as American as the CTS currently in it...as well as the replacement capacitors if possible.

Boutique amps for boutique guitars!

Boutique guitars for boutique amps![/quote']

Believe me, if there was an American made amp that I liked that I could afford, I'd be on it. There isn't, so yeah. Imports are my option. Even buying imports, I'd still be supporting the American retailers, shipping companies, import companies, distribution companies and shipyards. Who knows, maybe KBP has a DSL based amp under a G. ;)

Time for a little sweat equity, brother...a little more curiosity, personal research and a few tools will do it...How do you think KBP got started?

Happy Thanksgiving to YOU, sir, and to all.

Man, I'm SO glad to live in a place where folks can freely speak their mind and can agree to disagree! Patrick Henry had it right...

Time for a little sweat equity' date=' brother...a little more curiosity, personal research and a few tools will do it...How do you think KBP got started?

Happy Thanksgiving to YOU, sir, and to all.

Man, I'm SO glad to live in a place where folks can freely speak their mind and can agree to disagree! Patrick Henry had it right...[/quote']

Absolutely! Building my own is on the list. A DSL might be biting off more than I can chew at this point. I am looking at the schematics though!

Back at ya! Happy Thanksgiving!

• 2 weeks later...

I already bought it. I'm supposed to get it today. Maybe I got one of the last ones. I do have a price match from Music 123 for this amp at the same price. I can send you that if you send me your email address.

PK, a little inside info I learned very recently. (I'm not revealing the source so take it or leave it.)

The word is that the new Chinese Marshalls (Haze, DSL (no giggles out of you Jack Baruth) Class 5 and MA) have unreliability issues. The worst being the DSL and Haze. In other words there have been so many warranty claims (for equipment failure) that in some cases, Marshall has canceled their own warranty on some of these products. That is not to say that every one of these is going to die prematurely, only that there have been a huge number which have failed and warranty support may possibly be a serious issue if one does.

So all I'm really trying to say is that if you are still within your "no hassle returns" window, make sure that you are completely comfortable with keeping it before that window closes.

I just bought one of the Marshall 16 ohm Eminence speaker cabinets (MA Series) which they are selling at blowout prices and I'm waiting to see if I shot myself in the foot or not. If I can't rewire it to 8 ohms then I think I'll have to buy a second one in order to get 100 watts of sound out of the amp I'm going to plug into it. I'm bracing for impact. Should be here Tuesday. I'm stuck with it either way because if I return it, I'd have to pay shipping both ways. So, you and I are kinda in the same boat a little bit.

Actually, I'm not planning on holding on to this amp. I'm planning to sell it. I recently picked up a Mahaffay HiLo Watt Plexi from a ebay auction that Mahaffay had. It's a 33 watt tube amp in a 10 pound box. Kidsmoke has a different amp in that line. He had it at PSP V. It was built to order. It sounds incredible and handles the Marshall crunch very well. I can flip the Marshall at a small profit.

PK, a little inside info I learned very recently. (I'm not revealing the source so take it or leave it.)

The word is that the new Chinese Marshalls (Haze, DSL (no giggles out of you Jack Baruth) Class 5 and MA) have unreliability issues. The worst being the DSL and Haze. In other words there have been so many warranty claims (for equipment failure) that in some cases, Marshall has canceled their own warranty on some of these products. That is not to say that every one of these is going to die prematurely, only that there have been a huge number which have failed and warranty support may possibly be a serious issue if one does.

So all I'm really trying to say is that if you are still within your "no hassle returns" window, make sure that you are completely comfortable with keeping it before that window closes.

I just bought one of the Marshall 16 ohm Eminence speaker cabinets (MA Series) which they are selling at blowout prices and I'm waiting to see if I shot myself in the foot or not. If I can't rewire it to 8 ohms then I think I'll have to buy a second one in order to get 100 watts of sound out of the amp I'm going to plug into it. I'm bracing for impact. Should be here Tuesday. I'm stuck with it either way because if I return it, I'd have to pay shipping both ways. So, you and I are kinda in the same boat a little bit.

Do you work at a guitar shop? What do you think about some of other budget models available out there? Any you would recommend in the Marshall sonic range?

Do you work at a guitar shop? What do you think about some of other budget models available out there? Any you would recommend in the Marshall sonic range?

I don't want to risk inadvertently revealing the source of my information but I can say that I am of the opinion that the Guitar Center in house brand name B52, and more specifically the AT212 (all tube 2x12 combo) or the equivalent stand alone B52 AT 100W head, is really underrated. This is this 12 year old kid did an awesome review on youtube.com of the the AT212.

I have resigned myself to just pay the money and get the real deal. Hopefully I'll be able to find a good deal on a used JCM or JVM series Marshall one of these days when I can afford it.

+1

I've heard the argument made that Marshalls were no longer being made in England while all Marshall branded amps were still assembled there. The JCM2000 series really seemed to be loved or hated. I am on the first camp. That was the first Marshall I actually liked.

That 18 Watt clone was the closest to a Marshall I've ever owned. Maybe one day, I'll have a JCM45, but it won't be anytime soon. I'm starting to warm up to Vox, but they aren't made in England anymore either.... Guess I'll have to find a builder to make an AC30 for me....

Guest HRB853370

I'm starting to warm up to Vox, but they aren't made in England anymore either....

Sure they are. You just dont want to pay the price for the British ones. But if you want a used one, a real one, I can connect you.

Just as a reminder: if you have $300 in your pocket, I can get you a new US-made tube amp.

Who is this again? I assume this is the same person mentioned in another post. I apologize. I have forgotten the name. Writing my finals reports and my brain is mush.

Who is this again? I assume this is the same person mentioned in another post. I apologize. I have forgotten the name. Writing my finals reports and my brain is mush.

http://www.tubeampfactory.com/

Made by hand in Delaware, OH using NOS components acquired over a lifetime of electronics construction. It's the side project of a fellow whose company makes scientific instruments.

Archived