Heritage Owners Club

$399 Marshall combos from Sweetwater

PunkKitty

It looks like I'll be selling my Kustom.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MA50C

MA50C-large.jpg

Marshall MA50C 50-watt, 2-channel Tube Combo Amplifier Features:

• Output: 50 watts
  • Tubes: 3 x ECC83, 2 x EL34
  • Channels: Two
  • Overdrive boost
  • Crunch Balance control
  • 3-band EQ per channel
  • Spring reverb
  • Effects loop
  • 2-way footswitch
  • Speakers: 1 x 12"
  • 25" x 20.07" x 10.63"
  • Weight: 50 lbs.

Guest HRB853370

It looks like I'll be selling my Kustom.

http://www.sweetwate...re/detail/MA50C

MA50C-large.jpg

Marshall MA50C 50-watt, 2-channel Tube Combo Amplifier Features:

• Output: 50 watts
  • Tubes: 3 x ECC83, 2 x EL34
  • Channels: Two
  • Overdrive boost
  • Crunch Balance control
  • 3-band EQ per channel
  • Spring reverb
  • Effects loop
  • 2-way footswitch
  • Speakers: 1 x 12"
  • 25" x 20.07" x 10.63"
  • Weight: 50 lbs.

Cant ever have too many amps PK. Just keep it. The Marshall website says this amp is only 22.7 lbs.

There's a new Marshall DSL tube range too - they look *very* nice. Don't flash the cash just yet ;)

Played the DSL100 this past Sunday. I'd have no issue taking one home. Sounded great. ...and you kinda get two amps in one... if you want to look at it that way. With the power cut switch in the back, you get the 100w and 50w models for about $850.

I also rather like their MA series cabs. Eminence loaded... which I rather dig. I could EASILY see getting a DSL/MA halfstack and not looking back.

I tried the DSL15 the other day. Wasn't bad...not too pricey either. I believe this amp is a Chinese built amp too.

They had one at the store I was at, but didn't want to bother digging around for a speaker cable that wasn't hosed. I played its bigger brother as mentioned in the post above. I have heard the DSL15H is NICE though. I bet it is. Marshall pre through the EL84s being pushed has to sound just silly good. Much like my old Jet City amp. The killer thing about the Marshall though is that it has the power cut switch like the bigger one. So you can get it down to 7w. Really get the power amp involved for recording and bedroom use.

I actually ADORE the JCM2000 DSL line top to bottom. They had their problems though.

I currently have a JCM2000 DSL50. I've never had a problem with it. Since I've been playing bass a lot more, it's now more or less a dust collector.

I currently have a JCM2000 DSL50. I've never had a problem with it. Since I've been playing bass a lot more, it's now more or less a dust collector.

Yeah. Great, great amps. LOVE the tone of them. That was the amp that finally convinced me to like Marshalls. I am hoping, HOPING, next year will see a DSL head in my home. :)

PK, were you going to buy from Sweetwater? The page I saw said that this was no longer available, the closest would be the new DSL line. Was it a closeout deal? If so, I hope you snatched one up quick!

I was looking at the DLS40C. Using EL34s in place of the 84s in the older DSL401 is a good move. Having the half power switch seems like a nice addition. Don't know about the digital reverb.

I have been going back and forth between my Patriot and the DSL401 lately. Having choices is a good thing!

They had one at the store I was at, but didn't want to bother digging around for a speaker cable that wasn't hosed. I played its bigger brother as mentioned in the post above. I have heard the DSL15H is NICE though. I bet it is. Marshall pre through the EL84s being pushed has to sound just silly good. Much like my old Jet City amp. The killer thing about the Marshall though is that it has the power cut switch like the bigger one. So you can get it down to 7w. Really get the power amp involved for recording and bedroom use.

I've found cutting the wattage in half only removes the clean headroom and turns the OD into a soggy mush of sound. Sounds a lot better when turning the MV down and the gain up...

PK, were you going to buy from Sweetwater? The page I saw said that this was no longer available, the closest would be the new DSL line. Was it a closeout deal? If so, I hope you snatched one up quick!

I was looking at the DLS40C. Using EL34s in place of the 84s in the older DSL401 is a good move. Having the half power switch seems like a nice addition. Don't know about the digital reverb.

I have been going back and forth between my Patriot and the DSL401 lately. Having choices is a good thing!

I already bought it. I'm supposed to get it today. Maybe I got one of the last ones. I do have a price match from Music 123 for this amp at the same price. I can send you that if you send me your email address.

I've found cutting the wattage in half only removes the clean headroom and turns the OD into a soggy mush of sound. Sounds a lot better when turning the MV down and the gain up...

Some people are really into that. I have played a few amps that I really dug the sound of the power section being pushed. Depends on the amp though. The Jet City I loved being pushed at about 75% of the dial.

It sounds like a great deal! But I'm with TS on this one.

Also, if possible or convenient, I avoid buying Chinese made products. In this case, especially, since Marshalls were originally made in England, like Celestion speakers, only Marshall I'll own is one I build or my USA hand made, Sprague Vitamin Q tonecapped, Allen bradley resistor stuffed, Mercury Magnetics iron JTM 45 Midnight Blues Breaker head by Chris Siegmund. I will NEVER, EVER buy a Chinese made speaker, or an Italian made so called "Jensen."

Taking a moment to reflect, I do own two Ceriatone Dumble clone amps, a company based in Malaysia. A third is hand assembled here in the US by Marsh Amplification using Ceriatone boards. Ceriatone imports most of their parts from the US, though, for the quality found in them. The difference in quality of build in a Ceriatone assembled Marshall versus Chinese is easy to see and for some, to hear.

The health of our nation depends on a healthy economy. I buy American made or branded "native country" origin products whenever I can. This holiday season I will be buying products for gifting only from native country origin.

I just took on a fourth and fifth American made vintage amp restoration project in the last three months, fourth is a '56 Lectrolab R200, most recently a 70's vintage blackline Fender Super Reverb 4/10. It will be necessary to have four 10 inch speakers replaced or reconed. When I do they will be as American as the CTS currently in it...as well as the replacement capacitors if possible.

Boutique amps for boutique guitars!

Boutique guitars for boutique amps!

I already bought it. I'm supposed to get it today. Maybe I got one of the last ones. I do have a price match from Music 123 for this amp at the same price. I can send you that if you send me your email address.

I've already got that ground covered with the DSL401. Listening to a couple of the Youtube videos, it sounds like the OD is similar to my DSL. I added a Carvin 2x12 extension cab to mine to add a fuller bottom end. The three 12s working together can move some air!

Archived