Heritage Owners Club

Black Friday on de 'Bay new bass day!

212Mavguy

Saw this one on the 'bay, bid days beforehand, won at opening bid price. Guess everyone was out fighting one another at their fave retailers. Minimal auction info, took a chance. Just hoping for no neck issues. I know nothing about this Heritage bass, absolutely nothing.

Just bid on "faith in the crew from K'zoo" and the fact that the seller had a collector grade, all mahogany, one of a kind first year H-140 listed too.. .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150950160052?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

All right, take me to the woodshed, I know I deserve it this time...this will be my first bass guitar.

Have a nice old Fender (pair o' 6550's) 160PS 6 channel input PA head and a homely 2/15 cab stuffed with JBL G135's to play it through. First channel is modded to JTM45-ish for bass, second is hopped up Fender style for guitar, last 4 channels stock for old school 1/4" jack unbalanced vocal mics.

Excellent price on that bass!

Thank you Thundersteel and others!!!

Seeing the pics made me think of the only Gibson electric I'll ever buy, my 70's solid walnut The Paul. That guitar is nothing but good, hard wood, good parts, good in the hands and good through the amp, with the distinctive sound of nothing but 25+ year old tonewood and the strings...no foo foo poo poo on this blue collar stage worker either.

Thinking that this is a lot like that guitar. That body looks like walnut, too. Bolt on neck? I wonder...Looks neglected and thirsty for a major lemon oil fretboard rub down. Walnut sounds crisp and tight, but not as bright as maple.

Visually, reminds me of a brown skinned farm girl that needs no makeup or fancy dress to catch a man's eye. Just has it goin on...

I think she's gonna love on me real nice after a bit of TLC and new strings.

I set up my own guitars, but have little experience with basses. Could use some edjumucatin'... Are there any Heritage employees here?? I only know about Ms. Flamm, AKA "The girl," remembering her "Psychadelic Popsicle"...

When I get the bass I'll see if she tells me what her name is while I look at her, hold her, and listen. Might need help on that one...

When I get the bass I'll see if she tells me what her name is while I look at her, hold her, and listen. Might need help on that one...

She looks like a 'Brown Sugar' to me :) Nice score!

wow congratulations!!

I bet that is a killer bass. you have the P bass pickup, for all the fat P bass goodness,.plus a Jazz bass bridge pickup. IMO it doesn't get any better than that: best of both worlds!!

one of my favourite G&L basses has this same configuration.

one funny thing I noticed: Fender invented the most highly used & influencial basses, but there is none of the bolt-on-neck denegration from ppl that you get with bolt-on guitars.

Gibson made basses too, that were set neck. But I've never played one I really bonded with. maybe it was those high output, muddy humbucker pups

oh yeah I bet it will sound great through that amp/cab

Neil Young's bass player in Crazy Horse ( Billy Talbot ) has forever used what I think is an old Showman into a 2x15 cab, with a P bass. big, warm, thumpy tone!!

nyoung.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The bass showed up, it was a real mess, so bad I took it in to a real pro for clean, setup, and restring. A pair of strings were reversed, They were corroded to a nice gray, neck bowed, saddles way too high, tuners corroded to pitting, bridge pitted. Frets were practically unused and filthy with a layer uniformly covering, were yellow instead of silver due to coating of neglect/patina/corrosion, fretboard was dry as a death valley desert. What a way to mistreat an instrument of this ah, heritage...

Archived