Heritage Owners Club

Moving in STEREO

brentrocks

A friend of mine and I both use a Strymon ElCapistan tape echo pedal at the end of our pedal boards. The El Cap has left and right stereo outputs on the back. I was over at his place the other night and he had his Chicago Blues Box 1x12 and his Marshall Blues Breaker hooked up in stereo with the El Cap and it sounded INCREDIBLE!!!!! He suggested that i try the same thing with the Throbak and the Vitory....so I did it last night.

What a great sounding pair. Anyone who is familliar with the Strymon pedals, know that they give you a very wide variety of tones and you can do some very cool stuff with them. Those 2 amps together would make a great live rig!!!! I cranked the reverb on the Victory and was playing a little "Down by the River" Then i stomped on the OCD and Xotic AC with the Alex Skolnick 150 for a VERY INTENSE rock sound!!!!

If you havent tried a Strymon pedal, i suggest you do sometime...they are a little pricey, but worth every penny...look for used ones on TGP!!!

I have tried the ElCapistan tape echo and the Brigidere dbucket delay....both are GREAT!!!!

amps.jpg?t=1354362614

My Peterson pedal tuner and Strymon ElCapistan tape echo pedal, the two pedals that I HAVE to take anywhere I play (usually at Church).

Stereo delays are really cool, makes you sound really, really big. I've done that from time to time, I have a stereo delay, stereo chorus, and stereo reverb. The line 6 verb has an octave setting that sounds like someone playing champagne glasses. Running that in stereo is really trippy.

Running either the delay or chorus in stereo makes a very rich sound, but I usually play small rooms and just take one amp.

Archived