Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Academy Model

skydog52

Wow, that is a beautiful shape. Prospect with a single cutaway basically?

That is exactly what I was thinking, Will! Ren's lead guitarist had one at PSPIII, I think; I've seen them come up for sale from time to time, usually starting, sometimes ending, below $1000 used.

The very first Heritage I ever saw, held and played was my buddy's Academy Custom. He bought it from Blue Note Music in Berkeley, CA after it was displayed at the '96 NAMM Show.

I thought it was a very cool guitar. It was very well balanced, standing or sitting and sounded like a slightly compressed 535. The neck was slim taper and was not neck heavy. Construction was perfect. Overall it was a rather plain looking guitar, but perfect if you wanted something a little different from the crowd, but it sure played nicely.

My friend, Rob D. used to bring this Academy Custom over to my place every Friday night to jam (he named it Pluto because of the rounded single cutaway 'ear'). Man, he could play that thing!

sweet looking guitar, Paul. Are you considering snatching that one up?

Hey Katy, that one is gone. I've always liked that model and they are hard to find.

Might have to see if I can get my dealer to do some arm twisting! :icon_shaking2:

Thanks to everyone for input. I have a Prospect and really like the body size and balance.

One of my New Year resolutions was not to have so much GAS but that one is out the window

seeing all these nice pics of the Academy.

At the last PSP I asked Marv how they came up with the Prospect and Academy names and he

told me they are streets in Kalamazoo that are pretty close to each other. Go figure.

I think Jim named one and Marv the other.

Beauty

academy-custom-2.jpg

Archived