Heritage Owners Club

NEW Front page at the K'Zoo

tulk1

Hahah,

damn I was going to bring a small portfolio and offer to Ren when I visit the factory next Wednesday. Guess that won't work  :'(

But yeah, its a horrible website that I could honestly say probably holds back 40-50 extra guitar sales a year...MINIMUM. You'd be completely suprised how much more production and effiency company's see after a professional site resdesign.

First time users need more than a 1995 Netscape layout to prove they want a Heritage. They need the professional side.

Hahah,

damn I was going to bring a small portfolio and offer to Ren when I visit the factory next Wednesday. Guess that won't work  :'(

But yeah, its a horrible website that I could honestly say probably holds back 40-50 extra guitar sales a year...MINIMUM. You'd be completely suprised how much more production and effiency company's see after a professional site resdesign.

First time users need more than a 1995 Netscape layout to prove they want a Heritage. They need the professional side.

Welcome aboard Mike.

I don't think you are wrong about the web site but these guys couldn't handle the extra 40-50 guitars per year.  They make them "sumbiches" by hand.  I know you have heard this before but until you see it you really won't understand. 

If you want show your portfolio try and make a good impression don't wear a tie....don't wear slacks either.  My uniform is a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.  I fit right in.  :wink: 

The guy in slacks, the only guy in slacks I saw there is the owner of Heritage amps, Lane Zastrow.

(l to r)  Lane Zastrow, Marv Lamb, Jim Deurloo, J.P. Moats, Vince Margol, Rendal Wall

width=600 height=398http://www.ronwarren.com/225parsons/img_8784_std.jpg[/img]

You'd be completely suprised how much more production and effiency company's see after a professional site resdesign.

Really? Wow, didn't know that. ................ ah!! just a bit of sarcasm for the newbie!!! >:D No harm intended. Hey Mike, welcome to the club. Karma up for jumping right into the mix. Got any pics of your Heritages? Or, maybe a url to a site you've done? Never know who's lurking and may like to see it.  :wink:

Mike, welcome to the HOC!

Regarding your assertion above; yeah, they do!  They need to find the real thing and play it ( a sort of heroic quest to prove worthiness and experience the transformation of consciousness), do their homework, get on the HOC and read, then figure out what it is they want, and then be...patient.  Back when I was in my twenties, regarding women, we used to call it "Watchful Waiting."

And Mike, that picture ain't "cute"!  That's it, man; that's exactly what you're dealin' with at Parsons Street!  Those three around that plaque, and the cat with the camo hat, they come from a tradition of drivin' way up into Michigan and climbing trees, yeah, those guys  to find the  maple for their guitars!  When you get the chance, just watch Marv when he picks up a neck blank and rotates it in his hands.  

Updated website? "Professional"?  "Efficient"?  I don't think so; Parsons Street is "The Lost Continent."  Bird is right, Mike.  To walk through that shop, and watch, and listen to Ren is to begin to get it, to get them.  After that, to play a good, well set up Heritage makes a kind of sense difficult to find anymore.

I'll take an updated website as the first warning sign....  

Be sure to post after your visit, and let us know what you found.  

Mike, welcome to the HOC!

Regarding your assertion above; yeah, they do!  They need to find the real thing and play it ( a sort of heroic quest to prove worthiness and experience the transformation of consciousness), do their homework, get on the HOC and read, then figure out what it is they want, and then be...patient.  Back when I was in my twenties, regarding women, we used to call it "Watchful Waiting."

And Mike, that picture ain't "cute"!  That's it, man; that's exactly what you're dealin' with at Parsons Street!  Those three around that plaque, and the cat with the camo hat, they come from a tradition of drivin' way up into Michigan and climbing trees, yeah, those guys  to find the  maple for their guitars!  When you get the chance, just watch Marv when he picks up a neck blank and rotates it in his hands.  

Updated website? "Professional"?  "Efficient"?  I don't think so; Parsons Street is "The Lost Continent."  Bird is right, Mike.  To walk through that shop, and watch, and listen to Ren is to begin to get it, to get them.  After that, to play a good, well set up Heritage makes a kind of sense difficult to find anymore.

I'll take an updated website as the first warning sign....  

Be sure to post after your visit, and let us know what you found.  

Here, Here, +1

Really? Wow, didn't know that. ................ ah!! just a bit of sarcasm for the newbie!!! >:D No harm intended. Hey Mike, welcome to the club. Karma up for jumping right into the mix. Got any pics of your Heritages? Or, maybe a url to a site you've done? Never know who's lurking and may like to see it.  :wink:

Hehe thanks. I love how 'welcoming' and quick people are on here. You don't get that over on Harmony Central or wherever else I have enjoyed talking about my passion. Huge Racks Inc is good for that, however I have gotten rid of my rack, so I don't fit in anymore  :P

I'm sure you are all correct, that when I walk into the shop 'I will understand', and see a group of extremely skilled and hard working men put together beautiful pieces of art, but my point was that for those who have no access to Heritage guitars (I'll be honest here in Canada I have NEVER seen one...ever. In any store, at any concert...never.), or live in the vicinity of Kalamazoo; the webpage is the only outlet for advertisement.

BUT.

As you make the point: they can't handle more guitars than they make...then the site is completely fine :) If they are at max capacity and making a healthy return, then none of this matters :)

P.S. I am currently developing this site here:  www.bra.org/Automated

It doesn't go anywhere yet, it will be done in a week or two. I love making webpages, its very fun! The main site itself www.bra.org is something I designed 4 years ago. I'm kind of sick of it now haha

Hi Mike,

I presume you've heard of Wolfe Guitars, if you need to drool over pics of Heritage guitars that's the place to go !

http://www.wolfeguitars.com/  I go there at least once a week to drool myself.

I also have never seen a Heritage here in Ireland, the local music shop was offered the range to stock a few years ago but they declined  :'( as they thought they were too similar to the G brand.

I'm sure you are all correct, that when I walk into the shop 'I will understand', and see a group of extremely skilled and hard working men put together beautiful pieces of art....

"...hard working men..." and women!!!  When you visit the factory, Mike, be sure to introduce yourself to Katie!  Ask her about her blueburst....        ;D

She was at the Pilgrimage; brought the psychedelic popsicle-burst 150, too. I don't recall if she played, though.

She told me she doesn't play. BTW, that guitar looks much better in person than in the pics. Or it just might have been the adrenaline rush from the day. Still not my favorite color scheme. However! and this is a big However! that guitar just sustains for the longest time. You can feel the vibrations from the strongest to the most subtle just by laying a finger on the bod and plucking a string. It's one of the LW models. Weighs in less than 7lbs, has a beautiful plank (ha!!!) of Mahog and frets wonderfully. They boys made sure she got a good one, that's for sure.

That blueburst is something else. I took a photo on my cell of that guitar and it is currently residing as my wallpaper.. just awesome. She told me she plays more bluegrass/ acoustic/ mandolin.. I would love to do some picking with that group. Thats pretty much the kind of stuff I was playing for years before I got back into electric guitar.

Thanks, Mike - yup, was gonna post the same thing.  Katie brought along a banjo with her acoustic and blueburst.  Curly plays in a bluegrass band, too... maybe next year we can have an 'acoustic tent' area away from the elec jam and have 'both' kinds of music?  Or switch it up some at the jam to get 'em in the jam.

Agree on the blueburst - Katie said it was a 'love it or hate it' guitar, but in person I found it stunning.  Didn't know you got a chance to play it, Kenny - nice review of it!

Archived