Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Prospect

gnappi

I bought a new one in October 2012 (see avatar). Since that point I have sold all of my other guitars and purchased three more Heritage guitars, so that should tell you how awesome I think it is.

I have the floating block (standard on Prospects) which makes feedback controllable (I actually like to coax out feedback, so that's a nice feature for me). It's light and balanced, and enjoyable to play unplugged on the couch as well.

My Prospect has SD '59 pickups. If I had unlimited means, I'd buy two more: one with Seth Lovers and another with P90s.

You should check out Gbase.com; there should be a few for sale there.

There is someone on the forum who just ordered a custom Prospect with a fully hollow, thicker body and I believe P-90's. I'm anxious to see how that comes out. I was wondering how a thicker fully hollow with a single pup would work as a jazz machine? I used to have 13's on my Prospect and they didn't seem to be a problem.

I used to own one that I regret selling. They are smaller than a 535. Mine had a floating block. It sounded great and played great. There is a nice one for sale in the spam thread.

I was the lucky buyer on this specific guitar. She's right about it, it's a great guitar. It seems more "in your face" (in a good way) than my 535, but I don't know how much of that is the size difference and how much is the SD 59s in the Prospect VS the SD Antiquities in the 535. I waited a long time, and was lucky enough to have the cash on hand when this one came up for sale. If you find one, don't hesitate to buy it. When I first saw them, I wasn't particularly fond of the "mouse ears", or the body shape in general, even though I had been curious about Big G's 339. Having had it/played it for a couple months now, the looks have grown on me just fine, and it's easier to play sitting down than a 535 because of the smaller body.

summer2012820.jpg

summer2012830.jpg

summer2012838.jpg

A little smaller and a lot lighter than a 535. The horns look better in person.

They make a few variations. IMO they need pickguards.

Hey thanks,

There's one for sale locally made in 2005/ 2006. What's a decent price for one?

"The horns do look a little Bullwinkle-ish don't they? :-)"

No offense meant, I think they look... familiar in a way... I can't put my finger on it... kinda like cartoonish big ears. I could live with them :-) Not on my head mind you!

Utterly ridiculous IMO.

Slammer, that's IT, I KNEW they looked familiar! not UTTERLY... UDDERLY!

They look like a cow's udders! Turn that baby upside down and a farm boy would want to grab those teats and get milk! Yuk, yuk.... :-) Still I don't mind them.

Southpawguy - by small, do you mean the nut width or the carve of the neck? Nice looking rig, by the way. Brad

The neck carve, it's slim. It came from a lady owner, I'm guessing it was ordered that way. My 2007 535 has a much chunkier neck profile.

Side by side for body size comparison ....

gallery_328_8_89201.jpg

Well, I went out early this morning (400 miles round trip) to get the Prospect Custom Shop, and I'm very happy I did The PO was getting a lot of calls on it but I got there first. It's a bit of a goofy color but I actually like it. The neck is thinner than I like (not width, thickness) but it takes no getting used to. But sound? Wow!

The pics actually do not do it justice. Here's one of it alone and with another unusual colored Gibson LPDC standard.

397469_531201976901290_112260643_n.jpg

397469_531201980234623_128627501_n.jpg

Archived