Heritage Owners Club

Fender Tweed Deluxe (clones)?

dbetts41

KBP810 from this very forum :) If you can persuade him into a new build, that is.

Are you looking for a recognisable name on the amp, like Carr? If not, check out the Tungsten Crema Wheat:

I've owned both the Clark Beaufort (long gone) and Tungsten Crema What (aint going any where). The Crema Wheat isn't an exact clone - it'll take bigger bottle output tubes (6l6s), pushes a few more watts out of the 6v6s, and it comes stock with a British style speaker. That said, it is one fine, Fine, FINE sounding amp. I took mine over to pickup winder extraordinaire Ron Ellis's house a few years back and he commented that he felt is sounded better than his Clark (or was it Victoria?) Tweed Deluxe Clone. His buddy Buzz dug it so much he went out and bought himslef one! If you're looking for a true tweed deluxe clone the Tungsten Cortez is an exact clone I blieve. Either way, love them Tungsten amps!

KBP810 from this very forum :) If you can persuade him into a new build, that is.

Are you looking for a recognisable name on the amp, like Carr? If not, check out the Tungsten Crema Wheat:

Without a doubt! There are several very happy campers with them here KBP810 has built!

I can vouch for that statement 100%

I'm taking my KBP810 as one of the "community amps" this Saturday; something tells me, there are going to be some converts lighting up KBP's inbox, asking him to build them an amp!

Didn't KBP stop building amps?

Besposedly.....However, knopfler74 talked him into a Dumble clone build recently; methinks he MIGHT be able to be persuaded, but I don't want to speak for him. All I can say is he is a very bright, talented young amp builder that built me a 5E3 clone for a more than fair price! I love it.

Guest HRB853370

I'm taking my KBP810 as one of the "community amps" this Saturday; something tells me, there are going to be some converts lighting up KBP's inbox, asking him to build them an amp!

Just what he wants-lots of amp orders!

Besposedly.....However, knopfler74 talked him into a Dumble clone build recently; methinks he MIGHT be able to be persuaded, but I don't want to speak for him. All I can say is he is a very bright, talented young amp builder that built me a 5E3 clone for a more than fair price! I love it.

The Dumble project was scrapped from what I've heard, but there is a 18Watt TMB EF86 combo in the works rumor has it.

Just what he wants-lots of amp orders!

He can decide to accept them or not. But a wise man once said "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." He said/sang it in a very high pitched voice....

I can tell you this, Dumble Style amps may never happen again. They are the most labor intensive amps for him and they are the hardest to source the correct parts for. Fender and Marshall clones are the easiest and most common amps to find parts for. I suggest if anyone is beating down his door, I'd say keep it simple for him. I'm talking him into cabinet building as I have some of the tools required to do so, just need to learn how to do it.

A friend has a Tweed Amp 'clone' from Austin Amplifiers called the 'Spoke' - http://austinamplifier.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=9&zenid=lcqmfufu840a4oq3kn33ootrv5

Really great sounding and he swears by it !

spoke20006_zps1670abdf.jpg

cheers!

Jim

Archived