Heritage Owners Club

Blues Junior type amps - Peavey Tube Amps

kidsmoke

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: If I own a 49-pound "doorstop", how big do I have to make the door?

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but keep your eyes and ears peeled for a Peavey Bravo. I don't think people know what a jewel they are and you can find 'em in the $200 range. Don't need tube tamers and they're built like little tanks.. Just a sweat little amp that works great in the bedroom and for everything inbetween up to a small venue.

sorry kids. Really haven't kept up with this the last few days. Just crazy busy.

I mentioned earlier I had a good experience with my Bugera the other night in a setting with 3 other electrics. I did well, and my centaur clone gave me nice grit and punch. Realizing I don't like the OD channel. but initially I remember loving it. Wonder if my ears are becoming more discriminating or if the re-tube made a significant difference. No matter. I prefer to the let amp go on clean and let the guitar volume and the centaur add the attitude.

this is great info and a valuable thread I think. The amps mentioned here are affordable alternatives to the gigable amps that many of us would like to have.

I think I'm gonna try to milk what I can from this til I can swing a proper deluxe clone. OR...I've been playing with a guy who plays a Mesa Express 5:25. He gets anything and everything from that amp...wow.

Keep the thread going though, as I believe this input will serve others well also.

good luck with the BJr sale, DB.

It's gone anyway Kip.... But you've got a good plan. I'd think that tweed deluxe would be suitable for you though...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, Kip; Check the train schedules to Normal, IL, round up a couple of the usual suspects that were at the Muster, roll down, jam for a few hours on a Saturday morning/afternoon on an offering of a Peavey Classic 30 with Weber Blue Dog speaker, a Deluxe Reverb RI, KBP810 Tweed Deluxe Clone, or fully modded Fender Blues Junior with an Eminence Texas Heat speaker, and get back to the city by nightfall (or crash on an air mattress here and catch the Sunday train home.

I don't know if it would make your decision any more or less informed, but we'd have a good time regardless.

Guest HRB853370

Question: If I own a 49-pound "doorstop", how big do I have to make the door?

If you ever tire of it let me know. I need another doorstop.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, Kip; Check the train schedules to Normal, IL, round up a couple of the usual suspects that were at the Muster, roll down, jam for a few hours on a Saturday morning/afternoon on an offering of a Peavey Classic 30 with Weber Blue Dog speaker, a Deluxe Reverb RI, KBP810 Tweed Deluxe Clone, or fully modded Fender Blues Junior with an Eminence Texas Heat speaker, and get back to the city by nightfall (or crash on an air mattress here and catch the Sunday train home.

I don't know if it would make your decision any more or less informed, but we'd have a good time regardless.

I like the sound of that. Particularly to A/B the Tweed against the DRRI. I've always thought of the Deluxe Reverb as the epitome of what I'd need for the opportunities that I get to "play out". my exposure to a true 5F1 circuit, and the sounds that came out your KBP clone make me want to dig into that. That's a straight up 5F3, is it not?

And thanks to the Mod that edited the thread title

I like the sound of that. Particularly to A/B the Tweed against the DRRI. I've always thought of the Deluxe Reverb as the epitome of what I'd need for the opportunities that I get to "play out". my exposure to a true 5F1 circuit, and the sounds that came out your KBP clone make me want to dig into that. That's a straight up 5F3, is it not?

And thanks to the Mod that edited the thread title

5E3. Either way, it sounds friggin' great.

Guest HRB853370

He must be reading the label on the back... I've seen the newer ones in black... Tweed is much nicer in my opinion..

Peavey actually calls it "black tweed". It is a tweed, but not the blonde tweed we are all so used to seeing. I have that covering on C-50 212

Archived