Heritage Owners Club

Bigsby on a 525?

fxdx99

Not a problem. I had one with a B6. It worked beautifully.

Mark - thanks! A b6 then. Might I ask - is the floating bridge modified (rollers and/or locked)? And - You wouldn't happen to have any pics still, would you?

ok so much for the B5 you have no posts on there :D

sorry I get B3's & B6's mixed up...a B6 has a longer body which you'd want on a larger gtr like that

I had an issue with a B6 and a gtr with a low bridge, but that looks like the bridge is plenty high enough to give you a decent break angle?

my white millie had a very low bridge, had a B6 installed.....the strings would occasionally pop off during big bends, so I had to switch to a B7 instead with the tension bar. works better.

I find on larger body gtrs the handle doesn't come up far enough, but you can also get a longer handle for a bigsby, make it easier to palm & strum at the same time

The B6 has a triangular 3-hole screw mount on it's baseplate. Might the strap lock bolt/nut secure this enough as the original trapeze does (in order to avoid drilling 3 holes on the rim)?

The B6 has a triangular 3-hole screw mount on it's baseplate. Might the strap lock bolt/nut secure this enough as the original trapeze does (in order to avoid drilling 3 holes on the rim)?

It is not hard to switch the baseplates. The pin taps out at the hinge.

That said, it is easy to fill the holes and drill new ones. One of the securing screws can also hold the strap button.

I've used baseplates that cover the same region when switching from a trapeze tailpiece to a Bigsby. No holes show.

they have this little plate called "V7 tailpiece plate" in the diagram....it uses the strap screw to fasten it to the guitar, then the bigsby screws onto it

heck you could just make something similar

question is: will the single strap screw be enough to hold a B6, which doesn't have the bolts at the other end like a B7?

V7LP-ExplodedView-600.gif

vibramate.jpg

Archived