Heritage Owners Club

12 String Heritage on GC's Used Web Site

schundog

I had never seen anything like this from Heritage. This is listed on Guitar Center's web site in the used section. The mouth breather employee took the usual stunning picture to show off the product...... No, I didn't buy it.

12stringheritage_zps2a6c94e0.jpg

Guest HRB853370

This came up once before SD, I believe some of the authorities on this forum deemed it an imposter! Heritage has made NO 12 strings guitar is what I heard before.

wow. now that is something I have honestly only heard about.

So, did they decide it was one of those "korean heritages" that were made when they wanted to ghost build guitars for heritage?

Tried blowing it up in Photoshop. But it's still too blurry, even as a smart object. But I can't see anything that would even resemble the "Made in the USA" stamp on it. So, yeah, probably one of the Korean ghosts.

It's interesting. It looks like Schaller pickups are installed. And the back plates are the same shape as those used on Heritages. The switch plate isn't round like it is on Gibson copies. The Florentine cutaway looks like a early H-140. But the pickguard looks like a standard LP pickguard.

Jay Wolfe confirmed that he has ordered 12 strings from Heritage, but they don't make them now. He had someone order a matching set of 157's.. a 6 and a 12 string.

I doubt that the one at GC is fake... at least the body etc. It has the right parts , it's the headstock that has a weird look to it in some pics....

The pickguard is right, a slightly smaller version of a LP style, and the hardware all looks right.

Archived