Heritage Owners Club

Now Here's Something You Don't See Every Day,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Keith7940236

Where did you find that?!!! I've never even heard rumors of a 12 string Heritage. Cool!

G-g-g-g-reeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnn?

Where is that one at?

I got to touch it.

John

I LOVE OLD POSTS: 12 STRING BLAST FROM THE PAST:

From a 2009 Post/Jay Wolfe:

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

zookroo1, on May 25 2009, 04:03 AM, said:snapback.png

Just curious to see if Heritage makes any 12 string models or has in the past. I haven't ever seen one if they are out there.

They've made a few. Steve Fjestad, who publishes the Blue Book(s) of guitar values, had a matching pair made about 12 years back, for his collection. We had them make him a pair of Dark Cherry Burst H157's in 6 & 12 strings versions, with consecutive serial numbers. I'll see if he has any pics to send me to post here- if he will. They have killer tops & came out super fine. Bruce Bloethner used to have a H535-12. I'll see if he still has it. They're quite rare. When ordering one made, we HAVE to be really specific with hardware, neck dimensions, nut, bridge, tuners, etc. Some careful measuring's involved as they don't make them normally, and we have to be VERY specific if we want a good one.

Jay Wolfe

It's at the Guitar Center in Austin Texas. I saw the description that read 12 string, Heritage. I called and tried to tell them that I didn't think Heritage made 12 strings, but they insisted that it was a Heritage. I was able to get them to send me a photo, that's where the picture came from.

Guest HRB853370

If Jay Wolfe (the man) had not chimed in, I would accused that guitar of being an imported imposter!! Wow!

PS-you are in the right forum man!

Funny, i opened a thread about a month ago asking if Heritage ever made a 12 string but nobody chimed in. I was referring to acoustics, though. Who would have ever imagined an electric. And would have ever guessed an LP body rather than a 535

It must be already sold. I ran and got my wallet, but I don't see it on their website. :hmh:

It's probably a good thing though. Every time my wife goes out of town I buy a guitar, and I have to explain how special "this" one is.....

I think this would be the last straw.

This is the first time I've seen an electric 12 string guitar. Can anyone enlighten me as why someone would want one?

An interesting guitar, but I am scratching my head as to what use I would personally have for one such as this...

Because you can't play Stairway to Heaven "Properly" without it!

jimmy-page-double-neck-guitar-i6.jpg

Once you have one - it is simply another possible sound available to you. Same reason a person on this forum would buy A TELE...INSTEAD OF Getting A VIP WIRED H150.

I do not have one but know those who do. acoustically, it is like adding a chorus box to your six string. Instant wall of sound. (Better than ACME instant Hole).

Listen to The Byrds and see whether you want to ask that question again :)

LOL..EXACTLY what I was going to say!!

This is the first time I've seen an electric 12 string guitar. Can anyone enlighten me as why someone would want one?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-20111123/roger-mcguinn-20111122

I actually carried that guitar around in my car for a few days once, along with its owner and his wife. But that's another story.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-20111123/roger-mcguinn-20111122

I actually carried that guitar around in my car for a few days once, along with its owner and his wife. But that's another story.

C'mon, lets here the story. If it takes some liquor to drive it out, I should have some home brewed limoncello ready any day now.......I will email it to you......lets hear the story.....! :icon_rr::laughing9::laughing8::icon_puke_r::icon_puke_l::love10::happy1:

Is it me or does the head stock look odd on that?

Are you sure its a factory 12 & not just modified from a 6?

That headstock is screwy for sure, it's not inline with the nut, and looks longer on the left side,

it actually looks curved to the right. I would need many pics to consider that one!

Archived