Heritage Owners Club

H137.........really?

pcovers

This is on eBay. I am interested in it for what I think it is (H140). Looking at the shadow cast by the bridge pickup and not by the neck pickup suggests to me that it is a carved top, not flat. Also describes it as "gold top". Doesn't look like a 137 and doesn't look gold. Am I missing something?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111016692915&fromMakeTrack=true

$T2eC16hHJHEE9ny2tld1BRJse6,+9g~~60_12.J

I don't know much about the guitar but I do know Brian Meader who works there. Bought a few PRS from him when he worked at Chuck Levins. Great guy. He always steered me in the right direction.

What colour is it? It looks white, but is it? The listing doesn't say as far as I can tell.

Sorry, got the answer. It says in small above the photo that it is a gold top. Wonder what colour the back is then.

I really couldn't see an elephant even if it hit me in the face... Thanks for that.

That's a nice back and a nice guitar all round. If I hadn't just bought an H-140 I'd be seriously thinking about getting this one.

I think it's yummy. And I'd have to go with the H140 2nd Ed. Soft horn, carved top :thumbsup:

Hope you get it!

+1

It's a 137 + 3

:icon_sunny:

Exactly..Beautiful guitar!! Too fancy to be a 137, though..

I wrote them about this one and they insisted it was a 137. I don't think it is, but that's what they said.

Since 137's typically are less expensive than 150's, go ahead and agree with the mis-informed seller...and offer them a 137 price!!

• 3 weeks later...

This guitar is still up on ebay.

The seller has now put a disclaimer saying that it definitely does not have a carved top... I made him an offer to see and got a counteroffer for $1199, but didn't take it. I would like a H140 and not chance on an H137 for that price...

Anyway, that's what the seller wants. If it was an H140, that would be a really good price for a new guitar.

Is it good for new H137 though?

This guitar is still up on ebay.

The seller has now put a disclaimer saying that it definitely does not have a carved top... I made him an offer to see and got a counteroffer for $1199, but didn't take it. I would like a H140 and not chance on an H137 for that price...

Anyway, that's what the seller wants. If it was an H140, that would be a really good price for a new guitar.

Is it good for new H137 though?

From the current Ebay listing ...

"" For sale is a brand new Heritage H-137 (Flat-top) Electric Guitar in Goldtop.

Based on numerous inquiries we want to confirm that this is NOT an H-147 or H-150, both of which are carved top models. It is also indeed a traditional goldtop, it just photographs a bit more silver than it looks in person. ""

----------------------------------------------------

Still doesn't actually say it's not an H-140

Looks to me like the seller still doesn't know what it actually is or isn't :icon_scratch:

He's had it for sale for over a year.... It's not moving a bit....

That's interesting... Any idea why?

Especially if 1200 is not bad for a new 137? What are H137 like. Are they nice? They should sound mellower than H140s, but also less sustain I guess? Are they basically just an H140 without the maple cap?

Ah well, never mind. I guess after I disrespected him by letting their counter offer lapse, they started refusing to ship internationally. Oh well.

137 .... no pickguard, slab body, one piece wraparound bridge, P90s, (the original run in the 90s had humbuckers)

So, this is probably a 137 2nd Ed?

?

Kenny if you're referring to my post above, I was trying to point out that a 137 has all those things I mentioned, a 140 doesn't.

If that guitar is a 137 then it's the first slab bodied Heritage guitar I've seen with a gold top finish, and the first 137 I've seen with a bolt on pickguard.

?

Kenny if you're referring to my post above, I was trying to point out that a 137 has all those things I mentioned, a 140 doesn't.

If that guitar is a 137 then it's the first slab bodied Heritage guitar I've seen with a gold top finish, and the first 137 I've seen with a bolt on pickguard.

Paul, yeah, I was. Thing is, the picture doesn't show any tell tale signs of a carve. Usually there will be some sort of reflection, different color ... something that makes it appear to rise in the middle. I don't see it. Even tho' I certainly thought it was an H140. But since the seller now says it's a Flat Top, not carved, it's got to be something along the lines of a 137, Custom, yada yada. Custom order, maybe?

Archived