Heritage Owners Club

New Kit Amp Day

I bought this from ebay. It was built from a MOD102 amp kit that Amplified Parts sells. NOS tubes. It's brighter sounding than a Champ circuit. It doesn't get very loud but it's loud enough for home. And it overdrives so nicely. I think I need a better speaker for it though. These are the pics from the listing. Some of the caps were upgraded to orange drops. It also looks like the transformers were upgraded. I got it for less than the kit costs and I didn't have to build it.

$(KGrHqFHJEQFGS!1YvwyBRtRpOJeG!~~60_57.J

$(KGrHqIOKosFGVQF4PUgBRtRprNqUQ~~60_57.J

$T2eC16FHJHoFGlF(D!7,BRtRqIdss!~~60_57.J

If anyone has a used 8 ohm 8 inch speaker they'd like to sell, let me know.

that's really cool, Kitty! Is this new territory for you, or have you done this sort of thing before?

I've bought amps before. I didn't build this one. I bought it built.

Looks like a fun little amp! Some good sized iron for that size amp as well

Where is the rectifier?

Oh and what type tubs? it kinda looks like a 12ax7 and an el84

Hard to tell in that picture, but I'd wage there is a pair of small diodes on that terminal strip; should be in between the two red wires and positive lead to the largest filter cap

I just ordered a new Jensen speaker for it. I was using the speaker from a cheap Fender Frontman. That speaker just breaks up too easily. And the Jensen has good reviews so it should be fine.

I just ordered a new Jensen speaker for it. I was using the speaker from a cheap Fender Frontman. That speaker just breaks up too easily. And the Jensen has good reviews so it should be fine.

You should use the Blackstar 4x8 cab...

LOL - I was going to bid on this (but decided not to since didn't have an 8 ohm cabinet, just 4 and 16 cabs). So I bought a Mantra Overdrive instead. Enjoy!

PK, I have to think you have some full size cabs hanging around to run this one through...am sure you already have and been pleasantly surprised, My little single ended amp is way louder than it needs for gigging by itself unmiced through an efficient 2/12 or 1/15. The big iron in your amp is a departure from mediocrity, as is the nice, moddable and repairable build. Ain't no store bought tone here...

nice ah,

grab!

Archived