Heritage Owners Club

Heritage sighting

big bob

I'm on vacation in D.C. For a couple of days and decided to take in a show. It was the us Air Force jazz band on the capital steps. They were absolutely fantastic! The band was small 15 or so fellas and a singer. The only guitarist was sporting a eagle (all mahogany) with bound headstock and block inlays. Ill post pics later when my phone charges up.

Sharp eye Comrade! Which medal did he get for having good taste?

Sharp eye Comrade! Which medal did he get for having good taste?

That scowl looking at Big Bob. That's the medal.

I'm on vacation in D.C. For a couple of days and decided to take in a show. It was the us Air Force jazz band on the capital steps. They were absolutely fantastic! The band was small 15 or so fellas and a singer. The only guitarist was sporting a eagle (all mahogany) with bound headstock and block inlays. Ill post pics later when my phone charges up.

Welcome to the nation's capital! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you while you are here.

post-328-0-85657200-1373448136_thumb.jpg

Interesting. I know the guitarist with an Air Force band that travels the world, playing a lot of front line gigs. They do jazz, pop, rock...a real mixed bag. He posts performance videos but usually can't post his location. He's been in the Middle East for a couple of weeks. He plays a Prospect.

Guest HRB853370

The strap button was probably fitted for a seated player. As this gentleman was seated the entire time. He played through a fender twin with just one pedal, looked like a rat but I'm not positive.

I don't see that as unusual. My 574 has the button in the exact same location.

It amazes me you can make it in the military playing guitar.... My recruiter never told me I could do that....

That because he heard you play..............yuck yuck yuck! :laughing8:

Guest HRB853370

Pointing towards the floor ?

No, pointing to the right if the guitar is on a stand! Exactly as how it is on that Eagle. Apparently it came from the factory that way. This is the guitar I purchased the Lock-it strap for and I have played it standing up with no issues or discomfort.

It amazes me you can make it in the military playing guitar.... My recruiter never told me I could do that....

I believe the proper procedure is to audition before you enroll, that way you know if you are accomplished enough.

I checked their site and most of musicians are holding an instrument and TS Reecer obviously has a wrinkle in dress shirt. This doesn't mean they didn't photoshop it a little but I think it is all there.

Welcome to the nation's capital! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you while you are here.

Thanks for the kind offer, we are having a wonderful time in your fair city. It's off to NY,NY tomorrow.

Archived