Heritage Owners Club

Truss Rod Covers

Beagle216

Guys,

New to the forum, and the recent new owner of a 1990 H535. I am going to have a custom truss rod cover made but I need the dimensions from somebody (I think the one on the guitar now I a replacement one as it has rounded corners... Or maybe it is original and the early ones had that type of TRC... Any help is appreciated, being new to Heritage I just don't know if it is different or not. Below is a photo of the instrument I got. Notice the almost Gibson shaped TRC...

Thanks!

post-16310-13758131262473_thumb.jpg

At PSP, I took my '73 Guild S100 to show Jim Deurloo and get the story on the guitar.

One of the first things he told me was that the truss rod cover was upside down. Its supposed to mirror the lines of the Guild headstock.Guild%20Trussrod%20Cover.jpg

What do you know... he's right!

I wonder if I would have realized that after 40 years????

Nice guitar! Love those early 535's with no pickguard bracket. The screw in the middle of the guard goes straight into the body.

Thanks! I love it. I thought that was unique as well, and a nice feature to have. Looks very seamless. I have looked at a million pictures of older 535's and it seems that some did actually have a more "Gibsonesq" two screw rounded looking truss rod cover vs. the squared edges one. Can anyone verify that to be the case? I am just wondering if it is all original or not.

The two screw gibsonish TRC was standard on early on all early guitars. As I recall they eventually made several design changes, including the horn on the 150 as well as the TRC. I recall seeing a press release or dealer memo or similar explaining the changes. Others probably know the date when this happened.

The two screw gibsonish TRC was standard on early on all early guitars. As I recall they eventually made several design changes, including the horn on the 150 as well as the TRC. I recall seeing a press release or dealer memo or similar explaining the changes. Others probably know the date when this happened.

Awesome! Thanks, That confirms it for me that it is 100% original!

You should have seen the TRC Arnie made for his Employee Heritage. He used rare earth magnets, no screws. To remove you just push it off. To put it back on, you just push it on, it snaps in place. Very secure, too. Pretty ingenious, I think. He did the insert on the bail tailpiece like that, too. Smart fella, if you ask me.

You should have seen the TRC Arnie made for his Employee Heritage. He used rare earth magnets, no screws. To remove you just push it off. To put it back on, you just push it on, it snaps in place. Very secure, too. Pretty ingenious, I think. He did the insert on the bail tailpiece like that, too. Smart fella, if you ask me.

Yea, that was sweet. He did the control cavity cover the same way.

Archived