Heritage Owners Club

NUAD Heritage Victory

tsp17

New Used Heritage Victory in the house. pics and clips later...gotta stop playing and go to work...but it sounds amazingly BIG for a 22 watt 1x12. Very warm, full and defined tone. more later.

New Used Heritage Victory in the house. pics and clips later...gotta stop playing and go to work...but it sounds amazingly BIG for a 22 watt 1x12. Very warm, full and defined tone. more later.

Congrats!

Were you the one thinking of getting a princeton or a DRRI?

Is it later yet ? :icon_sunny:

it is later now

Congrats!

Were you the one thinking of getting a princeton or a DRRI?

I recently got a PRRI and put a 12 inch hemp cone speaker in it. loved it; until i played this Victory. Still love it really, but this Victory eclipses the PRRI by a meaningful margin.

This Victory was for sale locally four years ago, then again a couple of years ago, and i hesitated both times. i thought it had been sold the second time, but the seller pulled it off the market. I was not into the Deluxe Reverb vibe/tone at the time. But the Victory has been described as "what the Deluxe Reverb should have been," a little fuller, no flabby bass, etc. which is what i wanted so both times I kicked myself and swore that if it ever came available again i'd make the guy a good offer. The other day i played a 99% original (other than cosmetics) '64 Deluxe Reverb and was blown away by its warmth. Right after that, i spotted the local craigslist ad for this Victory and wasn't going to let it get away this time. I did for a moment think about how i just fell in love with the PRRI, and almost held off, but then remembered my previous mistake. The best sounding amp i've ever played was a Heritage Liberty through a matching 2x12 but that is way too much amp for my uses. Always tried to recreate something like that experience through a smaller package. Recently bought a used Carr Rambler to scratch that itch. Didn't do the trick. Sold it.

The Victory is pretty darn close to that Liberty moment.

It is a very fine amp as you all know. Solid, quality throughout. It is a loud 22, big, full, rich and dynamic. Sounds more like a 6L6 amp (my favorite flavor a la Liberty) than a 6V6. I've been playing my 575MH and 576 through it and it sounds as big and clean and warm and clear as plenty of 50+ watt 2x12's i've heard. I haven't plugged in my chambered Comins GCS yet, so that will have to wait for another post.

I would put this Victory up against any amp in any class. It s a better amp to my ear (fuller, lusher, more body, warmer) than the Carr Rambler i recently sold in this tone quest. TheRambler was definitely better suited to single coils and a different style than mine. The Rambler is great amp to be sure, i am not knocking it. It is just that this Victory (and even the PRRI with the speaker change) gives me more of what my ear wanted out of humbuckers and hollow body guitars.

The bass on this thing is HUGE and solid. No flub, no fart. But it is big. It might be different with a semi-hollow (will report later after trying it with my Comins), but with the 575MH and 576 (which i am counting as more of a hollow than semi) i have to turn the bass down to about 9-10 o'clock in order to keep the low E and A strings from overpowering everything else. Might be different with lighter gauge strings and different pickups. I am still fiddling with the Focus and Cut dials to find their sweet spot.

the Celestion G12H30 seems like a great match. Hard to imagine a better speaker for it, but i might try out a Jensen Neo Tornado, or Blackbird just to see if i can save a some weight without sacrificing tone.

Easy to tell that i dig it? It has a few tolex blems, but i really don't care.

That sounds like a wonderful amp . . . now, you've got me curious.

Is it a Heritage Victory amp? I went to you tube to see if I could find some sound samples.

You're welcome koula. Sounds like you have amp GAS again.

well . . . amps are unchartered territory for me. I'm in the hunting/gatherer stage - gathering niblets of information for a possible hunt a year or two down the road.

You're welcome koula. Sounds like you have amp GAS again.

if that's true, and something like this one sounds like a match for you, i recommend it. i've been through a number of amps over the last couple of years and i think this one will do the trick for a while. Yes, I know i said that about the PRRI a few months ago...but it is different this time, I swear!

Seriously, it is hard to imagine a bigger fuller amp that doesn't weigh 60 lbs or more and probably wouldn't fit in my compact trunk anyway.

if that's true, and something like this one sounds like a match for you, i recommend it. i've been through a number of amps over the last couple of years and i think this one will do the trick for a while. Yes, I know i said that about the PRRI a few months ago...but it is different this time, I swear!

Seriously, it is hard to imagine a bigger fuller amp that doesn't weigh 60 lbs or more and probably wouldn't fit in my compact trunk anyway.

tsp - do you know what the Victory weighs?

Archived