Heritage Owners Club

NGD...'87 VIP 1

brentrocks

Dave kept tempting me with this VIP and I finally caved. It arrived this weekend and I was eager to set it up and see what it was all about. These old Kahler Flyers are very touchy and have a lot of moving parts that have to all be in working order or these trems will not hold tune worth a crap!!! Also you have to make sure the locking nut screws are tight. Lubricating the rollers on the Kahler is also very important!

The one thing about the VIPs that I like is the capability to switch the pickup out of pahse, which gives you a really unique tone.

Dave had swapped out the original Schaller for a Duncan Custom Custom, which sounds great in this guitar.

It looks to be a 2 piece mahogany body, mahogany bolt on neck, mini grovers and a rosewood board. Came with the OHSC too.

The tone is pure rock. Switching the pickup out of phase gives you this really thin, twangy sound. Its a pretty cool ol' Heritage.

IMG_5473_zps06bf9cfb.jpg

IMG_5475_zpscc509a3d.jpg

IMG_5476_zps23f130ef.jpg

IMG_5479_zps6c9f81c9.jpg

IMG_5481_zps956e3a22.jpg

IMG_5483_zpsa74a5d24.jpg

IMG_5484_zps180cc115.jpg

I thought that those were maple bodies? Could be a custom order.

it could be...its really heavy

My '86, C serial, is a two piece maple body with a set mahogany neck. The label says it's a VIP-2 Custom. Same finish, ASB, it's not as heavy as I was expecting for an all maple body guitar.

That is a cool guitar. The kind you leave out in the living room and noodle when watching TV. It just looks comfortable. Nice snatch BrentRocks!

Archived