Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H-516

Genericmusic

Per Jay Wolfe:

"Hi- I recall when they introduced this hollow, laminated model. It was quite plain & basic in trim- however they sounded great. I purchased the 1'st one & still have it (somewhere). My Pal, guitar legend Al Caiola ordered one after playing many Heritage's at our shop. Al wanted it dressed up a bit, with block inlays, Gold hardware & some binding. He still plays that Black beauty. (see Youtube "Al Caiola").
When I designed the Kenny Burrell models and suggested a lower priced model than the Super KB, the H516 was not selling, basically because Heritage priced it the same as the solid top & back H575. I suggested the H516 with some added trim, like Al's Black H516, and Kenny loved it. It's now the KB Groove Master, which Kenny wanted to dub "Jazz master" until we informed him that that name was taken by a very non-Jazzy Fender. This revived the 516 and they are selling still today with the new name & trim. Kenny has told me since that he, like Al, really likes the sound & of that guitar model. I "wish" Heritage would lower the price of the G. master a tad, and we'd sell them in better numbers. But, I'm always wanting a better price, so what's new.
Soon after introduction, a customer had us order one with Cherry Trans. finish, TV Jones pickups & a Bigsby. WHATTA GEETER!!"

So apparently if you get a Groove-master, you've got an H-516!

Another one with Al and his Black Beauty.

Thats the stuff.

Why cant that still be on popular wireless stations instead of those noisy distorted young bands with long hair?

Music really dumbed down after 1952.

H was so young, fresh and enthusiastic in 2009. I got so caught up rereading that thread I almost posted a welcome and a congrats on his new guitar.

H was so young, fresh and enthusiastic in 2009. I got so caught up rereading that thread I almost posted a welcome and a congrats on his new guitar.

Feel so jaded and ancient now... ;)

Archived