Heritage Owners Club

Wah's... Optical or Analog?

I had an analog one for many years. After awhile, the pot got scratchy, and I had to keep cleaning it.

I don't know whether or not they sound better than their digital brethren, though.

I'm pretty sure the optical wahs are analog, just a different way of doing it. My Teese Picture wah ended my wah search about 10 or 12 years ago.

I had one of those. Should have never sold it.

I had an analog one for many years. After awhile, the pot got scratchy, and I had to keep cleaning it.

I don't know whether or not they sound better than their digital brethren, though.

The hardest part of replacing a pot is adjusting the sweep location... It takes forever it seems like and it never seems quite right afterwards.

The hardest part of replacing a pot is adjusting the sweep location... It takes forever it seems like and it never seems quite right afterwards.

:confused2:

I'm not sure what wah you've replaced the pot on, but adjusting the sweep on the wahs I've owned (Teese Picture Wah, Vox, Cry Baby, Budda) is no more difficult than setting the intonation on your guitar. In fact, I'd say it's easier.

optical. they are just more convenient, and also often have more customizable abilities. The morley bad horsie II is a great wah, and also is buffered so it's great at the beginning of an effects chain. also built like a freakin tank.

I prefer my wah before my OD pedals, but my OD pedals sound better if there is not a buffer in front of them

Archived