Heritage Owners Club

My favorite vintage Fender amps is definitely.....

Kuz

Quack is that strange combination of the bridge and middle pickups on a Strat (or similar type) that sounds a bit like playing through a cocked wah pedal. A classic example is Mark Knopfler's lead tone on Sultans Of Swing.

Okay, thanks H. I think your description of the sound of playing through a cocked wah pedal helps helps quite a bit.

Okay, thanks H. I think your description of the sound of playing through a cocked wah pedal helps helps quite a bit.

Another classic quack example would be "Sweet Home Alabama". It just doesn't get any quackier than that! I've never thoght of the cocked wah sound as quack, though I guess in some ways they are similar.

Please define 'squish', dear Daniel. To me, it seems one of those elusive terms like 'quack'. For the life of me, I can never hear what people mean by quack unless it's what I call that sort of honky sound that singles sometimes sound like.

I wanted the compression and the sag of the Tophat Club Royale. The brownface super reacted too fast with my right hand and the tone was mid heavy and slightly brittle on top, wheras the Tophat really had this beautiful soft tone on top that mated well with my slide guitar tones, and the distorted tone was the best tone I ever heard plugged straight in! It didn't need reverb or delay, it had this beautiful full harmonic tone that agreed with me.

• 2 weeks later...

why is thta link labelled

/bit.ly

it looks like a total scam/virus?

I clicked on it anyway ( because I'm at work :D ) & it led me to ebay, but why is the link misnamed?

It's what eBay gives you when you choose 'Share' and 'Copy Link' from an iPhone. Apologies for any scary stuff ;)

Archived