Heritage Owners Club

Line 6 to be Acquired by Yamaha Corporation

PunkKitty

It sounds like Line 6 will be run as a separate subsidiary, but you can bet there's be some corporate governance involved. It might be good in the long run, as Yamaha has quite a bit of experience and resources in digital audio that Line 6 can tap into, and vice versa.

Consolidation is a fact of life in this or any industry. There will always be a few small but innovative companies to provide alternatives, but they won't really "compete".

Im trying to feel something about it all......

I went to a Line6 sales thing a few years ago and one of their exec's went on and on about how they envisaged line6 being one of the biggest and more dominant MI product range on the market....in the world

I guess one way of achieving that was to become part of Yamaha.

All I can really remember about the evening was thinking there was a wall of Soldano's, Matchless and some Heritage Guitars down the hall and I was stuck listening to some prat talking gibberish.

sounds like it may be mutually beneficial. Yamaha put out that little desktop amp and people have been raving about it. Yamaha also makes top notch musical instruments, everything from Brass, Pianos, Woodwinds, to electric guitars. I have two pro-level yamaha trombones, and they are most excellent, and the build quality is incredible.

Guest HRB853370

sounds like it may be mutually beneficial. Yamaha put out that little desktop amp and people have been raving about it. Yamaha also makes top notch musical instruments, everything from Brass, Pianos, Woodwinds, to electric guitars. I have two pro-level yamaha trombones, and they are most excellent, and the build quality is incredible.

I have a Yamaha drumkit (my second one) and yes, absolutely incredible workmanship.

Archived