Heritage Owners Club

new custom H575!!!

LH575

Congrats LH!!!  Same finish, same neck appointments as my Super Eagle; we apparently have similar taste!  I waited fourteen months for mine, and yes, worth every minute of it!  Gorgeous instrument you have there!  But wait until you plug that thing in!!!!

a work of art  :)

Thanks, fellas!

Here's the deal:

H575 with....

Seth Lovers

Single binding everywhere, F holes/pickguard included

gold hardware

choice woods

inlaid "The Heritage" in MOP on the headstock

ebony fretboard/bridge

split block inlays on the board

Man, she looks sweet.  Can't wait!!!!

:afro:

• 2 weeks later...

So the guitar arrived yesterday.  It's just as nice as it looks in the photo, not quite as red- more, well, Almond color.

My other 2 Heritages have a couple "beauty marks" - lint under the finish, binding a bit off in places, file marks, etc, little annoyances, but nothing that affects the playability of the guitars.

The New H575 only has a couple of these things, really about as good as it can be.  You really have to look.  No complaints there.

The inlays on the fretbard were done perfectly.  I really dig the spilt blocks.

It sounds great.  All of these hollowbodies howl at certain notes.  This one does it at C.  I think that is pretty neat.  It's got some nice bell-like tones in the high end, low is nice and tight.  Seth lovers.

The only other archtop I have is my '68 Gibson ES125 (also a K'zoo guitar) with a neck P90.  This guitar is great for bluesly, slightly dirty kind of stuff, a Tom Waits guitar.  It always has a dark moody sound to it.

The H575 is cleaner, although it can get down and dirty like the ES125, it has more of a refined sound.

Acoustically it is not quite as loud as I thought it would be.  I wonder if that'll change as it ages?

That's about it.  Bottom line - awesome guitar!  :afro:

So the guitar arrived yesterday.  It's just as nice as it looks in the photo, not quite as red- more, well, Almond color.

My other 2 Heritages have a couple "beauty marks" - lint under the finish, binding a bit off in places, file marks, etc, little annoyances, but nothing that affects the playability of the guitars.

The New H575 only has a couple of these things, really about as good as it can be.  You really have to look.  No complaints there.

The inlays on the fretbard were done perfectly.  I really dig the spilt blocks.

It sounds great.  All of these hollowbodies howl at certain notes.  This one does it at C.  I think that is pretty neat.  It's got some nice bell-like tones in the high end, low is nice and tight.  Seth lovers.

The only other archtop I have is my '68 Gibson ES125 (also a K'zoo guitar) with a neck P90.  This guitar is great for bluesly, slightly dirty kind of stuff, a Tom Waits guitar.  It always has a dark moody sound to it.

The H575 is cleaner, although it can get down and dirty like the ES125, it has more of a refined sound.

Acoustically it is not quite as loud as I thought it would be.  I wonder if that'll change as it ages?

That's about it.  Bottom line - awesome guitar!  :afro:

what string gauge are you using, my 575 is fairly loud with 12's and fairly quiet with 9's ( don't like the 9's on the 575)

11's on this ol' hunk of wood is perrrrrfect!

Sounds a lot bigger than 10s. FWIW, Ren said he sets the hollow bodies up for 11s and they might need tweaked for 12s (and he doesn't like the extra strain on the guitar with any strings above 12s)

Photo2_458c0-Original.jpg

Photo2_458c0-Original.jpg_thumb

Well the routed pickups will certainly take their toll on the acoustic sound.  That said, my Super Eagle is still loud acousticly despite the pickups. 

You'll probably need heavier strings than what the store used, at least .12s.  If you're worried about the strain, Thomastik Infeild flatwound .13s are the same guage as D'addario Chrome .12s except for the top two strings.  So you can get a heftier sound on these two strings without worrying about the pressure.  They're also made better.

If you don't like flats, I recently tried Sadowsky's Jimmy Bruno strings.  These are roundwounds that have a coating that cuts down on all that squeeking whenever you slide your hand.

Archived