Heritage Owners Club

New to me H150

WMW

Hi folks, I picked up this nice amber H150 used at a Guitar Center in Orange County, Calif., and wanted to share it with the group.

Its serial number begins AB, dating it to 2011. It is in mint condition and has a 5 piece maple neck (with stinger) that is quite striking.

The guitar sounded really sweet, and I had the guys at the store pull off the back pot cover to get details on the pickups. The label said it was loaded with Seth Lovers, which I presumed was correct given the way the guitar sounded through a couple clean fender amps. But when I got the guitar home and dug into the case, it looks like those Seth's were replaced within past year with a set of 2013 Seymour Duncan's Joe Bonamassa signature pickups. There was a flash drive with a video that comes with the custom shop set, as well as the box and all info. I haven't taken the pickups out of the guitar, but they should have Seymour and Joe's autograph, according to the info provided.

They sound very nice and PAF-like to my ear, though I am far from expert in all the nuances of tone in the various PAF models.

I suspected the guitar had been weight relieved, and that was confirmed on the original factory hang tag that was in the case. It says it's H-150 LW. I know some folks don't like the lightened LP types, but it sure is a comfortable and nice sounding guitar, at least so far.

That same GC, by the way, has two other Heritage guitars, a nice 535 and a natural 525, I think it is -- a big jazz box with P90s. The store asst mgr, who I have done other deals with in the past, said they all came in from the same fellow, in trade I think he said. The 535 isn't listed on the GC used site for some reason but the 525 is.

I'm attaching a couple photos.

post-10644-0-75143400-1389572216_thumb.jpg

post-10644-0-59549400-1389572224_thumb.jpg

I'm shocked that someone had that guitar in the first place without anyone in the club here ever hearing about it.

Secondly, I'm shocked that someone would take such a great guitar to a guitar center instead of trying to sell it here.

Great looking guitar!

Thanks for the comments and feedback, all. Hangar18, I was sort of thinking the same thing and wondering if someone here might have ordered the guitar and then traded it in. I hadn't seen one like it before. I did some searching on this site before I decided to buy it, looking for any talk of a maple neck H150. Btw I just noticed the hangtag also says wood upgrade. Anyway, I am enjoying playing it and will keep following this forum.

Bill

Archived