Heritage Owners Club

NFPAD

Billgelder

I have two sound clips done. I only used the guitar and the amp, nothing else, except a GT cable. I would advice you to use headphones or good speakers.

Heritage H-535 through a 1969 Fender Princeton. Amp settings volume 8, treble 3.25, bass 6, verbroto (speed 1, intensity 3)

Rhythm tracks neck pickup one side bridge pickup on the other. See if you can tell which is which. Lead track both pickups neck on 8 bridge on 10.

Heritage H-357 through a1969 Fender Princeton. Amp settings volume 10, treble 4.4, bass 5, no verbroto

Rhythm track neck pickup. Lead track Bridge pickup.

I plan on recording the H-150 "Kuz" tomorrow (Wednesday) after work. I would of done it tonight but John "Moogolfer" came by to check out the new/old Princeton. I love the smell an old Fender amp makes after it has been on for a long time. Does anyone know what I mean or is it just me?

Very nice, Bill!. And yes, I know what you mean about that "Fender Old Tube Amp Smell." In fact, I started a thread about it some time ago, and, as you can imagine with some of this group, it devolved rather quickly and got deleted..... Enjoy your new Princeton! You aren't helping my G.A.S. for one any more bearable!

Very nice, Bill!. And yes, I know what you mean about that "Fender Old Tube Amp Smell." In fact, I started a thread about it some time ago, and, as you can imagine with some of this group, it devolved rather quickly and got deleted..... Enjoy your new Princeton! You aren't helping my G.A.S. for one any more bearable!

I would of liked to read that thread. Did anyone come up with a reason why only the old Fenders smell sweet? I have had many tube amps that smell hot, especially the small Mesa Boogies, but they do not have that sweet smell.

I would of liked to read that thread. Did anyone come up with a reason why only the old Fenders smell sweet? I have had many tube amps that smell hot, especially the small Mesa Boogies, but they do not have that sweet smell.

I heard that Leo used to fart in the tubes

The smell is caused by the phenolic tube sockets getting hot. Formaldehyde (methylene glycol) is used to make the phenol compound. The small can be associated with ethylene glycol or anti-freeze, which has a sweet smell. .

X2

I spoke too soon, I see you've uploaded a clip with the 357 and I think it pairs very well with your princeton - my favorite fender amp.

@ gpuma - you are too funny!

I do like the smell of my Traynor which is only a couple years younger than your Princeton. I think it's a combination of the electronics cooking and the woods reaction to the heat. Never heard of that tube bit mentioned, but doesn't mean it's not true. I just never heard of it, but then again there is a lot of things I don't know.

Love the tracks, wish I could get recordings like that.

Bill,

I finally had a chance to listen to your clips. The amp sounds great and great playing. I REALLY enjoyed the clips and I am still waiting for the clip from the "Cuz" 150. What's up ya tease.....

Bill,

I finally had a chance to listen to your clips. The amp sounds great and great playing. I REALLY enjoyed the clips and I am still waiting for the clip from the "Cuz" 150. What's up ya tease.....

I off tomorrow. I plan to rewire the Brock 150 with the paper and oil caps,and record it though the Princeton with the new/old tubes, Moogulfer is coming over I thought we would record a before and after. then record the Cuz 150.

I off tomorrow. I plan to rewire the Brock 150 with the paper and oil caps,and record it though the Princeton with the new/old tubes, Moogulfer is coming over I thought we would record a before and after. then record the Cuz 150.

Promises, promises..... :)

Sound clip #3 is done. Again I only used the guitar, the amp, and a GT cable.

Heritage Cuz H-150 through a 1969 Fender Princeton, with NOS RCA power tubes

Rhythm track amp settings volume 7, treble 4.4, bass 5, no verbroto Bridge pickup.

Lead track amp settings volume 10, treble 4, bass 5, no verbroto Neck pickup.

https://soundcloud.com/billgelder/cuz-spell

Archived