Heritage Owners Club

NFPAD

Billgelder

New Fender Princeton Amp Day

I bought this from the my neighbor's nephew. He needed some cash to get his truck fixed, so with a lot of help over the phone from the Amp Whisperer, I was able to get a good deal. Thanks again Mike (slider313). Hopefully he will chime in with some more info on the amp. I will post some clip tomorrow after i put it back together.

I believe it is a 1969.

Here is some of the info from inside the amp

SER# A11776

Circuit AA964

Cassis Bottom Black stamp F023669 Inside red ink T2D 39/69

Tubes

2 @ JJ 6V6S tubedepot 22

2@ RCA USA 7025 X5

REALISTTIC LONGFIFE 5AR4/GZ34 MADE IN USSR

Output transformer 022913 -606- 9 – 32

Input transformer F0022772 -606- 9 -02

Speaker P-6807-2 137 502

Capacitor MALLORY TYPE FD MADE IN USA 021097 235-6918Y 85C

GEDC0504_zps14752728.jpg

GEDC0506_zps834373d5.jpg

GEDC0513_zpsec2dcdc8.jpg

GEDC0510_zps34514b6f.jpg

GEDC0517_zps51882512.jpg

GEDC0522_zps814da971.jpg

GEDC0518_zps5e5c5d17.jpg

GEDC0521_zps5c84ac4b.jpg

Hmmm. Seems to be a bit messy inside that chassis, doesn't it? :icon_scratch: I would have expected a cleaner run on the wires if it were factory stock. Does it look like it's been rewired in any manner? Not that it really makes any difference. We used to tinker in our old amps all the time. Or maybe it was a Friday build. ...... :laughing5: . Still, got to say I think it looks great! Would love to have a Princeton around the house. Cool deal on the Realistic Rectifier, too. :thumbsup:

Bill,

That's one clean amp. By the component codes and chassis stamp, the amp dates to mid/late 1969. The speaker, as we discussed, is an alnico CTS replacement from 1975. Those tend to sound very good. I have a friend who recently picked up a '66 Princeton Reverb with a CTS alnico replacement. He said he feels no need to change the speaker; it sounds that good! Enjoy your new/old amp!

Just got it back together, and it sounds sweet and very clean. The Vibrato/tremolo is rich and full sounding.

Is the AC plug three prong? It has the ground toggle.

Very nice snatch.

Yes 3 prong plug,

Thanks for all the nice comments, We have 1/2 days this week at work do to midterms. So I can work on the sound clips the next few afternoons. Any request on which guitar I should use for the clips?

I love knowing I'm not the only one that must takes apart a new purchase and explore :D Nice find, enjoy!

I played the amp last Monday,and loved the tone. So I called Mike and with the help of a flashlight and one of Tammie's makeup compacts, I was able to find the info to give Mike so he could give me a value on what it was worth. The old owner came by Sunday and excepted my offer. I know the amp had not been plugged in for almost a week, so now was a good time to open it up and not be too worried about getting shocked.

Archived