Heritage Owners Club

Wampler Euphoria

yoslate

Went to the jam, last night. The set going on as I walked in included a guitar player I'd met just a few weeks ago. He was spanking an Ibanez AS, I think...like a 335. He's a strong player with a good ear for tone. Plugged into the jam standard Deluxe re-ish, his sound last night was just terrific! Thick, but not wooly, punchy and tight, just the right amount of breakup, at not ear-bleed volume. I really did think, instantly (and forgive me for this), "Whoa...he has that Ford-Carlton 'D' tone." Talked to him after the set, and he pointed to the Euphoria, on the floor, then gave me a brief demo. Man...it sounded great! Seriously thinking about snagging one, though not cheap. Anybody here use one...have an opinion?

I had the ecstasy, previous model. Had a Zen Drive at the same time. Didnt get on with either. The people that bought them sound great using them.

The guy who bought the Ecstasy uses a HRDLX. Everytime I hear him play I want his rig until I try to use it. Works great for him. I just sound like I do but with accentuated mid frequencies I dont like and too much compression in the wrong places. :dontknow:

I've the Wampler Paisley. Like it lots. Works for me. Friend has the Euphoria and he likes it lots.

I've been toying with the idea of getting the Blackface 65 (or whatever it's called). In general, I just like Wampler stuff overall as each device seems well thought out, touch sensitive, works well.

Fuchs also makes a few D-style overdrive pedals.

Their Plush Valve Job is similar to the Zendrive 2. The smooth setting on the Euphoria is

aimed at the the same sound.

I had the ecstasy, previous model. Had a Zen Drive at the same time. Didnt get on with either. The people that bought them sound great using them.

The guy who bought the Ecstasy uses a HRDLX. Everytime I hear him play I want his rig until I try to use it. Works great for him. I just sound like I do but with accentuated mid frequencies I dont like and too much compression in the wrong places. :dontknow:

I also had the Ecstasy (name changed to Euphoria when Bogner released their Ecstasy pedals based on their Ecstasy amps) and didn't bond with it. Loved all the clips I heard, with both 'buckers and sinble coils, just didn't float my boat. Maybe it's rig dependent?

I had the Ecstasy as well.. Wasn't my cup of tea.. Could've been I wasn't using it right though.. Thats been known to happen.. :icon_smile:

Yeah, Tim, I've watched that and other videos. And I knew it was probably a rebranded, tweezed Ecstasy. Here's a video I thought very thorough:

I don't think it's rebranded or tweaked, i'm pretty sure it's the same pedal. My understanding is the name was changed when Bogner brought out his Ecstasy pedals based off of his Ecstasy amps.

Yup, the Euphoria is the first thing the guitar hits after the tuner on my board.

I had a Zendrive as well but the Wampler is more versatile and works just as well with my

335 as with my strat.

IMG_02591_zps34e81109.jpg

Jazzrat is there any reason why you don't just plug straight into the Wampler first, and use the tuner in the Volume pedal tuner out? In all of my experiments, I've always found going through a tuner, even so called true bypass, has a derogatory effect on tone. I have heard of using the Boss TU2 and TU3 as a buffer pedal, but it never really worked for me.

Archived