Heritage Owners Club

NAD JCA22H & 24s

Guest HRB853370

Loud and proud. Takes a bit of tweaking. I am using the line 6 to add a bit of reverb/delay. I've been debating sending to Jet City for special modification to clean channel and vintage gain channel....

How does it compare to your ex-Supersonic?

I like it better than the Supersonic. The Supersonic only made me wish I had a Bassman amp. I loved that channel. The dirt side was good, but I've always like the EL34/84 power tube amps myself. Supersonic is a great amp for pedals, but it wasn't able to breath when I used it because I could never turn it up enough.

Yeah man. The Jet City, so long as you're into the Soldano sound, is a top notch amp. Made unbelievably well. Designed for mods it would seem. Super simple. Nice, thick traces on sturdy PCB. Solid components. Geez, just another $150 in parts/labor and you have an amp that can rival anything in terms of quality from input to output.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Guest HRB853370

I like it better than the Supersonic. The Supersonic only made me wish I had a Bassman amp. I loved that channel. The dirt side was good, but I've always like the EL34/84 power tube amps myself. Supersonic is a great amp for pedals, but it wasn't able to breath when I used it because I could never turn it up enough.

But the Super is great for clean tones at high volumes correct?

Happy NADs Blues!

I'd love to hear that collection. Perhaps this summer, after the ice melts, we can set her up out back and put whitecaps on the pond.

Congrats!

But the Super is great for clean tones at high volumes correct?

It depends on what platform you want.

For me, I want the best clean tones with good headroom. Then I use a number of OD & Distortion pedals to get any tone I want, from blues to metal. I don't need to mess with effects loops to for my ambient pedals (delays & reverb). Everything can be used in front of the amp. I can use lower watts amps, that are lighter, simplier, and the whole footprint is smaller easy to use. This essentially gives me a two channel amp, incredible cleans & dirty tones Think David Gilmour, this is his philosophy on tone; clean platform & pedals.

Others like the OD/Dist coming form the amp. The issue here is that dirt amps rarely have the shimmering cleans. Also, you can't use the delay & reverb in front of the amp with moderate gain, so you need an effects loop & more input cords. I had this setup with the Bogner Shiva, and it was too many cords, too much room, and I liked the sond of my OD pedals better than the amp's distortion. But Jon Herington and Larry Carton use this setup with their 1x12 cabs and heads. But you need higher volume to drive both the preamp and more importantly, the power tubes for a great overdriven tone.

For me, small combos with the lighter weight, lower volumes, superior cleans, and easier pedals in front of the amp, and fewer input cords.... Is the way to go for any tone.

For me, small combos with the lighter weight, lower volumes, superior cleans, and easier pedals in front of the amp, and fewer input cords.... Is the way to go for any tone.

This.... +1

Took this amp to rehearsal tonight. Crunch channel preamp volume at 2 , master volume at 4, very clean and loud. On the Overdrive Channel, I had the preamp volume at 3, Master Volume at 3. Blew the band away (per their request). Amp works great, love it.

Guest HRB853370

It depends on what platform you want.

For me, I want the best clean tones with good headroom. Then I use a number of OD & Distortion pedals to get any tone I want, from blues to metal. I don't need to mess with effects loops to for my ambient pedals (delays & reverb). Everything can be used in front of the amp. I can use lower watts amps, that are lighter, simplier, and the whole footprint is smaller easy to use. This essentially gives me a two channel amp, incredible cleans & dirty tones Think David Gilmour, this is his philosophy on tone; clean platform & pedals.

Others like the OD/Dist coming form the amp. The issue here is that dirt amps rarely have the shimmering cleans. Also, you can't use the delay & reverb in front of the amp with moderate gain, so you need an effects loop & more input cords. I had this setup with the Bogner Shiva, and it was too many cords, too much room, and I liked the sond of my OD pedals better than the amp's distortion. But Jon Herington and Larry Carton use this setup with their 1x12 cabs and heads. But you need higher volume to drive both the preamp and more importantly, the power tubes for a great overdriven tone.

Which is one of the reasons why I am attracted to the Supersonic 60. I don't need that kind of power, but as you said, having the headroom for the cleans, then using my bluesdriver box to get some good dirty tones, will be my goal.

This.... +1

Add me to the plus one category!

Archived