Heritage Owners Club

Over the top microphonic Tim Shaw humbucker

I decided to put a set of Tim Shaw PAFs in the H110. After the install, I was getting a HUGE amount of squeal from the bridge pickup....so that could only mean 1 thing....

It needed to be wax potted!

So I took it out of the guitar...

w6_zps2727b502.jpg

Removed the cover and melted wax into the cover...

w5_zpscd3a5d9c.jpg

w1_zps8c6d58c9.jpg

w4_zps580fd901.jpg

Remover excess wax and re-install.....

w3_zps7e1b80d6.jpg

w2_zps441f3ac8.jpg

It did the trick!!! I can rock that baby at high volumes with high gain and not a peep! :icon_smile:

Didn't know wax potting could be done with the pickups removed from the guitar! That knowledge would have saved me some bother - the paint on my R9 has never looked right after I potted both pickups in situ simultaneously.

LOL!!!

Thats a somewhat unique approach to wax potting. Isn't the "usual" method to dip the bobbins in a pot of melted wax, then assemble after cooling? So, you added wax to the pickup, heated it until the wax melted and basically soaked in on it's own? If it works, it works!!

I actually took the cover off....melted wax inside the cover and then smooshed it together

The best part of this entire thread is that you used the word "smooshed" in a sentence.

Oh, and the other best part is that you reworked guitar pickups so you could play louder. Very "guitar dude' of you. +1 from me, and you officially get my vote for president of planet earth. (I'm kind of serious about that last part)

RAWK! :headbang:

Archived