Heritage Owners Club

Do you like chestnuts?

yuominae

I'm looking at Chestnut Sunburst Heritages and can't make up my mind about that finish. Sometimes it seems to look really good and sometimes it just looks plain ugly to me. I find Almond Sunburst or Tobacco Sunburst to consistently look similar and like those finishes, but Chestnut Sunburst seems to vary a lot more...

Would love to hear what your opinion on this finish is. Also if you have some examples of good or bad Chestnut Sunburst that aren't in the Gallery I'd love to see those.

I have a chestnut burst H150.

About a week or so of playing it after buying it I set it down on the stand and sat back and looked at it. Wasnt sure I liked the look of it and was surprised I hadnt noticed the look of it until then.

Im still not sure if I like the look of it to be honest. I dont think I would have bought it if I was aware of the colour of it. I wasnt very focused on appearance when I first tried it.

I think my ideal Heritage or LP would have a plain top and more traditional coloured burst.

If it was just based on looks it probably wouldnt have been considered.

A pretty girl told me it was a beautiful looking guitar. Anyone that plays it really digs what its about. Must be a good colour finish.

Thanks for the opinion guys! Since there's a lot of love for the Chestnuts (roasted or not) I guess I need to have a look at a bunch more photos to see if I get it too :)

Once upon a time, I ordered a new H157CM-LW in Vintage Wine Burst. For some goofy reason, they finished it in Chestnut burst. I never did bond with the color, and sold it (at a huge loss). So, let's just say it not my favorite color - but many do like it.

Oh Hell Yeah!

GuyStuff016.jpg

GuyStuff018.jpg

Guy, is that a Chestnut Burst? Looks amazing! But it also looks completely different from the other Chestnut Burst pics I've seen so far...

Once upon a time, I ordered a new H157CM-LW in Vintage Wine Burst. For some goofy reason, they finished it in Chestnut burst. I never did bond with the color, and sold it (at a huge loss). So, let's just say it not my favorite color - but many do like it.

That's a sad story :( Is that by any chance the 157 in a really pale burst finish that MartyGrass had refinished in red by Pete Moreno? Or was that a different one?

Archived